1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost Sub - In A Bind; Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gooder, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Gooder

Gooder Junior Member
    from MA

I was supposed to have a new sub service 25 residential accounts this year - he didn't show up for two meetings. Obviously he's not the guy for the job.

So - what to do?

1. Buy a new rig or 2. Seek another sub

If choice # 1 - what do I buy? I've got 3 Chevy's but wouldn't say I'm a Chevy guy... Also, new or used?

If #2 - seriously?!?!? We're supposed to get 1' of snow in about 3 days!!! (Boston, MA) How can I get a reliable sub so late in the game.

(I do have access to another truck and feel confident that one of my shovel guys can plow those accounts - so I'm not totally bound up.)

I'd love to get your feedback...

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me like your shovel guy is going to be plowing.
    Good Luck.

3. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

That shovle guy is going to be a very happy man this winter. Behid the wheel of the plow truck

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

sub
    craigslist

seriously, either put an ad or search the ads.
    there are always guys looking for work.

5. cssjim

cssjim Junior Member
    from CT

Is you feel your shovel guy is ready for the wheel then thats your move. You already have a working relationship with him. Keep the work in house.

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what I would do. If you can the prefered method is referals from other subs, but craigslist has worked in the past for me, again figure on 1 of 3 is feeding you a line of BS, really try to screen them. Make sure you live up to your end of payment terms, remember they don't know you from anyone.

7. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Well you have more than three days for the snow.. We were also supposed to get about a foot of snow here in coastal nh but as of this morning they said that the storm isnt shifting how they thought it would so now we are supposed to get like an inch. :realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad: This is the longest we have gone here in nh without a plowable storm in at least 7 years