1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost power?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by sixofus09, Jan 1, 2016.

1. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

I was just plowing and it lost power and won't turn back on. Shut the truck off, checked connections, disconnected and reconnected. I'm sure it's something stupid. It has the fish's tickets controller. Loosing for a fuse now. Just thought I would hit you guys up to hopefully solve the problem quicker.

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

If it's a three plug the isolation module under the hood has two fuses coming off port 1 of the isolation module.The 7.5 amp fuse is for the controller straight blade and 10 amp if you are running a v-plow.Also make sure the black wire with the orange strip that plugs from port 1 to 2 is plugged in and all connections on the solenoid are good and tight.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  3. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

It has 2 10amp under the hood and 2 locations on the plow with double 4 amp. All are fine. The ground on the battery was loose. Tightened that up. Still nothing. This thing is brand new. Same with the truck.I just disconnected everything. I wasn't even using it hard. Just moving the wings unDer some pressure and the controller lost power and won't come back.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What about where the in cab power is hooked up? Like the under dash fuse panel, have you looked there yet?

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

How about the connection at the solenoid? What is the red power wire attached to that powers the controller attached to? It should be key on

6. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

The acc wire for the controller is hooked up under the stering wheel it's just a male female connection. Nothing labled. No fuses located under there. Just all makes connection locations with nothing labled. I pulled fuses in main panel under hood with nothing fried. All connections where hydrolic pump is located are all tight. I'm just clueless as to wtf happened

7. dieselss

So is that wire under the steering wheel have power? Did you test it? Are you sure it's not fused somewhere? Where it's hooked up to has to go somewhere, maybe that's fused.

8. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

I check all fuses in dash. Nothing. When I take that acc wire on and off the point it makes the isolation module under the hood click. I don't have a power tester unfortunately.

9. dieselss

You just need a test, here's the wiring diagrams

http://library.westernplows.com/doctracker.asp?docid=257&seclevel=&filename=22373.07_110108_for_Web.pdf&doctype=pdf

10. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Is the controller lighting up. Does the red dot come on?

Is this multiplex?

11. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

No light at all

12. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

I have power at acc.I have power at location where fish stick plugs in

13. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Maybe controller went bad?

14. dieselss

15. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

This is obviously a Multiplex system, since you referred to four 4 amp fuses on the plow. Most situations which create a loss of communication to the plow, result in a flashing power light on the controller. If you're sure you have power at the controller plug where it attaches to the control harness, I'd check the single wire ground connector from the control harness to the lighting harness at port "A" on the isolation module. See page 3 here:

http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/29225.11_041514.pdf

Otherwise, maybe try another known good controller. Like I said, most communication loss issues result in a flashing power light on the controller. If you don't have a power light at all, it's likely power or ground to the controller, or a controller malfunction.

Also, check the four pin connector at the end of the control harness, where it pluigs into the truckside battery cable. I think you could have a connection issue there which would result in no power without a flashing controller light.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  16. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

All connections are good. I'll try the controller tomorrow. 50k paperweight over a controller. I'm not pleased.

17. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Try running a wire from the battery to the 12v controller diesel is taking about Just for giggles

18. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

Back and running. The power feed was on a fused terminal on battery. They moved it and I'm back and running. Berlin chevy put it on. I can't believe they made such a simple mistake . Langs corner garage fixed my issue. Great guys over there. I tested that line and it didn't show volts at the plow connection. Now I know why.

19. dieselss

Thought you said here, you had power?

20. sixofus09

sixofus09 Junior Member

I did have power at fish stick. Just not to the plow