1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost plow lights, need help quick!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JSLandscaping, Dec 15, 2005.

1. JSLandscaping

JSLandscaping Junior Member

Hey guys, during the middle of my last commercial accoutn my lights on my plow shut off and my lights on my truck came back on. I didnt notice untill I was back on the road as to what had happend. Any Idea on what it could be. Checked all my conections and checked my fuses as well. Everything seems good. Any idea's?? The plow is a minute mount 1, on a 97 dodge ram 2500hd

James
    JS LANDSCAPING

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I believe pluging in the plow connector energizes a relay that grounds the trucks headlight circuit and feeds the plow circuit- the relay could be bad. If it''s not the ISO module system (the newer 3 plug system) it should be easy to trace back- I'll trace mine back as soon as I get a chance (and it stops raining)

3. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

lost plow lights

try checking the Bosch relays that the plow lights are spliced into, these regularly fail on my vehicle to the point that I carry atleast one replaement...also check the positioning on the soleniods and move them up from under the battery tray (that's were most installers like to hide them) to a place were they are more protected from weather. PS there should be two solenoids one for low and one for high beams, also check wiring connectors (the 1/4" tabs for broken wires) and obviously replace