1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost one small account today...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MOWBIZZ, Dec 12, 2007.

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Last time out I got to this driveway and it was plowed already...WTF? Why would someone hire me and then have someone else do it?? Well it turns out her old plow guy did it, but never contacted her so she hired me...anyway she called to tell me she would stay with him because he was cheaper...OK...I said thanks for the call and good luck!
    This was a $30 driveway that included shoveling two walks...wasn't too thrilled about having to get out and shovel anyway....so...later in the day my brother calls me to give a price to his boss for his property and his two daughters' properties too!! OK...went out and priced it out and called him tonight...he was thrilled with my price and said to come out for anything 2" and up...GREAT! Got three accounts totaling $155 per push and lost a $30 with a shoveling job....I think that was a fair trade...!
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Yep, Sounds like a great trade to me
  3. TurbDies2500

TurbDies2500 Senior Member

Where are you from? what part of New Hampshire?

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Salem...on the MA line
  5. TEX

TEX Senior Member

ill take that trade
  6. TwistedMetal

TwistedMetal Member

SAme thing happend to me yesterday...picked up a new account...50$ a push...i wait till the storm slowed to head out..put this account first on my list{ its a apt house long drive.}looked like it had been plowed..2 hours prior...i made a push cleaned it up a bit.{ it was still snowing}..did my route tracked the lady down that owns the property...she told me the old plow guy had made a pass at 2pm..?the old plow guy stated someone called sounded like her and wanted the drive plowed..all this after she informed him before the season that she was using me..the guy put pressure on the owner to stay with him..she didint bite..but then again this isnt the first time this sorta thing has happened to me
  7. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

verry nice trade
  8. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

good deal anyday
  9. porterdan6

porterdan6 Junior Member

not bad

sounds like a heck of a deal to me...maybe she coul dhave called you before you spent your gas to get there. Good luck with the new accounts.