1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost one of our own today

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fairwaymowing, Feb 10, 2014.

1. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Feel for you I lost one my crew leader last summer Its so hard find a replacement I still haven't filled that spot

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Oh man, another one, RIP fellow plower!!! This is the 3rd one I've heard about in the last week, I cant stress this enough.....Take care guys, be safe, dont cut corners, think before you act!!!! I hate to think that more of us will go do to things that could have been avoided. We got a dangerous job, please do what you can to stay safe!!!!

4. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Man.. Crazy.... What is going on..

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

all it takes is a sec and ......sorry for the loss at your end

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

RIP fellow plow jockey

7. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

RIP plow brother.

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, my dad had a truck fall on him way back when, just broke a couple ribs though.

As an aside, I thought our local reporters were illiterate. What a horribly written article.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

He might be harder to replace as a husband, father, son or friend then crew leader.

10. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

^ What he said ^

11. bcramblit

bcramblit Member

Agreed!!! Over worked, over stressed. Been a crazy winter. But, its true. Getting snow moved is minute compared to the big picture called life. Step back and put it in perspective. Just recall your last near miss of death cause of a hasty move. Everyone has made a hasty decision that lead to near death. Saving seconds, at the expense of the rest of your life? No customer is worth that!!! And nobody is above the consequence of their actions.
    Thoughts and prayers for these families.

12. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Darn, my crew leader died , now i have to spend more money to find a replacement. :gunsfiring:

Like, who cares about his wife and family. They'll figure out how to get by without him. :rolleyes:

This post comes off as totally heartless.

13. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Rip local brother.

14. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

That is too bad!

15. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I seriously doubt that's how he meant it. I think he means that this affects all of us, family, friends, coworkers, people in the neighbourhood, and yes even those of us in the same profession who didn't know him in the slightest. It's awful, and every one of us needs to give our heads a shake and take the warning to heart--these things can happen in an instant, and we are prone to it because of our long hours working with no sleep. Let the poor man's death serve as a reminder to us all that we are not invincible...

Alot of threads people jump on someone for their choice of wording, usually over nothing. We're not at the funeral surrounded by the guy's relatives, we're faceless strangers on the internet. I think we should leave the semantics out of it and focus more on the meaning and intent... before things turn into another 'Bird Bashing' session.

Tolerance is the word of the day! :)

16. bean7654

bean7654 Member

Well said.

17. fairwaymowing

fairwaymowing Member

Another plowing related death??? This time a pregnant women?? Be so careful, guys

18. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan Senior Member

Reminder of all the dumb crap I do on the farm trying to save time. I almost lost my eyes to 3000psi live hydraulics this fall, because I didn't want to leave machine and fix it in the morning. Luckily I was 1/2 mile from the shop and my fiancé was just leaving after riding with me.

We all know the safety rules, the extra 5 minutes or hour or day is better than death or dismemberment!

19. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

R.I.P plow brother,friend A few weeks ago I stopped to help a broken down county worker assisted in getting him out of a ditch can't stress saftey enough

20. CHCSnowman

CHCSnowman Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sorry to hear of this. What was his name on this site? I guess his family is doing as well as can be expected...If his family needs anything.......let us know! Condolences to family & friends.

We recently lost a local guy to a crash when he fell asleep......I think these things make us all think a little more.