1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lost neutral safety switch harness while plowing

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bruno_rs, Feb 14, 2008.

1. bruno_rs

bruno_rs Junior Member

hey all, lost the harness in a ice storm. i have an 84 w100 318/auto. unfortunately the harness is no longer available. can i by pass the switch? it is a 2 wire plug with a 3rd wire which appears to have been ripped from a connector (?). the neutral safety switch has 3 connections on it so i'm assuming this 3rd wire goes to the switch as well. any info and/or advice will be greatly appreciated. i'm in chester (northwest) nj... just in case you guys may know of anyone in the area who may have a harness (new or used). thanks, looking forward to hearing from you. have a good one.

2. payton

payton Senior Member

you have both ends of the harness remake it simple as that..

3. bruno_rs

bruno_rs Junior Member

thanks for your reply, but i don't have both ends... as i said, both plugs (truck harness side and the trans switch side) are gone. i'm thinking one of the plugs came loose in the ice storm, the (trans switch) harness dangled until the other plug let go and it dropped off the truck.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  4. payton

payton Senior Member

my bad i thought you had both. so cut the ends off the remaing harness and wire it direct.

5. baltz526

baltz526 Member

you can bypass the switch, but then it will start in gear. for a temp fix that is what i would do, then hit the wreaking yards for a replacement