1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost My Plowing Buddy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MIAWPUKEK, Feb 28, 2005.

1. MIAWPUKEK

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

Lost my snow clearing buddy today. Got hit by a car and had to be put to sleep. It sure is different now plowing without him. Collar hangs on the rear view mirror. :cry:

2. Rappa

Rappa Member

Sorry to hear that man ~ that's sad...

3. Crodog

Crodog Junior Member

That sucks. I lost one a couple years ago, I know how tough it is. Good luck.

Crodog

4. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Hey Summit,

There are pounds and rescue societies FULL of prospective plowing buddies just waiting for a second chance at a decent life. Some ended up there because of neglect and some ended up because thier owners had to move into apartments or other reasons. Dogs are always the first to go for non-dog people. Based on you posting about your tragic loss, I'd say you're dog people and you should go find a new buddy.

Somethin to help with your grieving:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

5. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

I am sorry. My buddy is right here by my side. I don't know what I would do without her.

6. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Summit,
    That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Buck

7. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

I feel your pain. About 2 years ago I lost one special little dog named teddy. He was mostly a mut with collie mix and something else. We got him from a friend when he was 6 months old. The vet said he died of old age. He was 16 years old. To this day I have yet to replace him yet. I just do not have the heart.... :cry:

8. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Being a dog owner myself, I can only imagine your grief. I get choked up just thinking about losing my little Beagle buddy.
    I am very sorry for your loss.

9. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Sorry to hear that man....

10. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

Damn.. sorry about that. Non dog owners do not know how attached we all can get to our dogs. They truly are Mans best friend> I dont know what i would do if i lost my "snow dog" :Sib Husky (loves the snow) --take it easy

11. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

sorry for your loss. i don't know what i'd do if i lost mine. :dizzy:

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sorry to hear about your loss, in time your grieving will turn to fond memories of your friend.
    Some people don't realize how much they become a part of your family.

13. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

I'm sorry to hear about your buddy. The bond between a man and his dog goes way beyond the pet/owner relationship. I've had a few dogs that I swore could read my mind.

14. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

sorry to hear you lost your buddy man. the idea of animal shelters is a great idea, they are just waiting for a good home.