1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lost low beams the other night and they came back on? any ideas

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 350 STROKER, Jan 28, 2011.

1. 350 STROKER

350 STROKER Member

I went to switch from high to low beam they other night and low didn't come on. I got out and checked the plug connections etc and no change. so i went back to work with the highs on, tried the lows a few minutes later and they worked fine and haven't had a problem since, but we all know when it will break so I want to head it off now. plugs have plenty of grease on them and are clean. the truck is an 01 f-350. the wireing on the truck side was installed when the truck was new. it is 3 plug system with modules. the plow is a 1.5 year mm2.
    Can any one point in the right direction of what might be the problem? i will clean and inspect all the wires and plugs this weekend. i hopeing it is not a module going bad or something. my fisher dealer is 3 hours away in good weather.

thanks

Rich