1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost electrical power in door

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jbwerling, Nov 10, 2009.

1. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I have a 03 Silverado that I have lost complete electrical power in the passenger side door. No power locks, windows, or mirror. The keyless entry does not work either. I have went thru both fuse boxes with no success. Ever happened to anyone? Or does anyone have a suggestion?:confused:

2. towpro570

towpro570 Senior Member

check the connector thats in the door thats on the switches or check the one in the pilar post where the wires go from cab to the door

3. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I will give that a try. Thanks

4. sltboss02

sltboss02 Junior Member

still having the problem?

5. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I tried that with no luck. I'm starting to wonder if it may be a module. Does anyone know if there is a module that controls all the locks, windows, and mirrors? And where might it be located. In the driver door possibly? It must be tied in with the keyless entry. Usually the radio stays on when you shut off the truck, and that is gone also. Same with working the windows.

6. sltboss02

sltboss02 Junior Member

do you have power in the driver door? did you mess with anything prior to losing power or did it just quit?

7. sltboss02

sltboss02 Junior Member

I have seen a fuse come loose on an 03 and cause the same problem, I have put mirrors on an 04 and had the clip come lose and cause no power to the driver door, and then there has also been a truck that had a loose harnes down on the floor by the brake controller hook up

8. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I still have power on the driver side. Cant control passenger side from driver door. I didnt touch a thing prior. It just up and quit. Lucky window was up! I have the power fold option also on the mirror. I use that daily to get in and out of my garage. Power lock on driver side works.

9. sltboss02

sltboss02 Junior Member

try to get a hold of philbilly2 he is my guy. the pics on his profile are of my shop, if I can't figure things out he usually can, pics and shop of no relevance but good reference...lol

10. sltboss02

sltboss02 Junior Member

i would say double check your fuses again, make sure they are all tight

11. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

Will do. Thanks for the help. I will also check what you mentioned. If I'm still stumped, what is the best way to contact Philbilly2?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

There are no pictures in my profile or album of your shop. I will post some now.

13. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

I think there is separate relays for right and left door....

14. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

Is there a module that controls all that stuff? Keyless, windows, mirrors, locks, radio delay on shutoff. Weird how all that went at the same time.

15. Gear_Head

Gear_Head Senior Member
    from IL

last time I was looking at my fuses/relays, there is separate ones for each door.

16. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

yeah, there are seprate relays for the right and left doors. I would lean toward a bad connection before a relay. not sure though, let me go pull some fueses and realys on my truck and see what happens to see if I can create the same problem.

17. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

This afternoon I looked up under the dash at a fuse box. Found a big metal cased fuse labeled RT DOOR. 25 amp. Auto parts stores don't carry that. Sounds like a dealership part. I had a normal fuse and tried to stick it in there just to complete the circuit to see if i got any power. Nothing.

18. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

If it's the kind of big fuse that is under the electronic center under the hood you should be able to find one ....I know the Farm&Fleet we have near by cares them ....
    Try Advance Auto,Auto Zone,or O'Reilly's......

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  19. HotRod55

HotRod55 Junior Member

Try switching that fuse with another one like it if there are 2 in the fuse box. Or I think it might be controlled by the body control module.

20. jbwerling

jbwerling Junior Member

I finally got a hold of a gm mechanic this morning. He is pretty confident that it is the module in the passanger side door. He says it is common. Said they are pretty salty. And the key fobs will need reprogrammed. He told me to try and tap on it to see if I could get it going again. It happens sometimes. But more than likely, it will need replaced. Got to take it to the dealer. I'm going to make an appointment this week. I will post back with the results. Thanks for everyones help.:)