1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lost another One...a friend even...???

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by TJS, Dec 23, 2010.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Ok I have been plowing an older friend’s residential for at least 6 or 7 years now since he got rid of his plow truck. He escapes to Florida in the winter. He has 2 residents with a little commercial in the middle (beauty shop). The renter of the shop is a ******. Last year he came out yelling at me before I even dropped the blade that I must plow and shovel in front of the door (I was there earlier in the A.M. trying to maneuver between the residential renter’s cars). Cars were blocking where I could not get by to plow the front of the shop area and shoveling is not in the agreement. Back blade-ing does not work cause of the real poor pavement. So Mr. ****** continues to yell at me and did not say a word and got back in my truck and left the area before I stuffed his face in the snow. I called the owner and told him what happened and that the cars will still blocking. I came back later when the shop was closed and finished it up. While doing this there is a tree that hangs down that scratches the snot out of my roof of my truck (I know I am a cry baby) but I had a beater truck for years that I did not care about. I told the owner and he said this year he would cut some branches off the tree.

So this year before he left for Florida, I stopped by his house and showed him where the branches hit my truck and there where 6 branches to be cut back. He was reluctant to do it cause he had to ask a tree person about it (ya right, it was his wife). So I left and he called me about a week later and left a message and states that he got someone from his church with a s-10 pickup that will fit under the tree because an arborist said he could not trim the tree. Ok whatever. See ya. Don’t call me when he does not show up or there is too much snow he cannot push it.
  2. dodgeboy06

dodgeboy06 Member

With friends like that.......
  3. Ditchdiggin

Ditchdiggin Member

Sounds to me like he did you a favor. I've fired more customers than I have had fire me and that would definately be one to get rid of...