1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lost 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CSC Contracting, Dec 18, 2010.

1. CSC Contracting

CSC Contracting Senior Member

I lost 4x4 in my 91 gmc 3500 duelly. Put in a new actuator still no 4x4 and no lights on floor shifter. Any ideas would help. Thanks

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

did it blow any fuses?

3. 05RedLLY

05RedLLY Junior Member
    from Iowa

After you change the actuator did you check the fuse under the dash for the 4X4? I think its a 20 amp fuse.

4. CSC Contracting

Did not blow any fuses, checked them after replacing the actuator and still fine. Just searched the threads might have to check the switch coming out of the transfer case.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Quick fix to get you going is to pull the axle actuator, put in a spacer, and put the actuator back. You can use a 3/8 drive socket, or a lug nut.

6. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Did you go back and look for it?:alien:

7. CSC Contracting

Looked all over. I should check the lost and found section.. I just checked and have no power going to the actuator. I think I will just run a toggle. Do you think it's just the switch next to the lever on the transfer case?

8. nepagearjammer

nepagearjammer Member
    from nepa

help

power originates from the fuse panel...on top of the t/case there is a switch. Pull off the plug you should have power on one wire(w/ keyswitch on) pull 4WD back to 4hi and plug switch back in on top of t-case you should have power @ actuator connection. If no power I would replace switch on t-case(this is on top side of case don't confuse w/ speed sensor on case by rear driveshaft)

9. CSC Contracting

Thanks I will take a look

10. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if the 91 has it and you said you checked fuses, but did you check the underhood fuses? I can't remember what year they started that.