1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Losing power

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bagel, Feb 11, 2010.

1. bagel

bagel Junior Member

Hey guys...Have a myers TM 6.5 on my jeep and last night while plowing every time i kicked left right or lifted the plow My volts dropped to less than 10. Alt is newer and so is battery. I tested both and both seem to be fine. Any ideas...I'm thinking a short somewhere or maybe my electric motor is on its way out and drawing more amps working the crap out of my battery...
    Any help would be great. Cause plowing the 32 residentials last night with my 2500 4 door was not fun....

Thanks
    Bagel

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your doing a lot of driveway plowing you maybe using more amps playing around with the plow and it's just sucking a lot of juice up.Also check the grounds to.

3. bagel

bagel Junior Member

Avatr is that Giada? My wife watches her... annoying but nice to look at....and her foods not bad either.

Anyways...It always drew some juice but no its to the point of almost stalling. My jeep sat all night last night and i started it up this morning to move it and as soon as i lifted the plow it dropped to like 10 volts...no lights on, no heater motor running nothing....still dropped to 10 volts...I'm thinking conection somewhere...I'll have to let it melt off today and get it in my garage tonight and start meter stuff out....First thing i'll check is grounds for sure....

Thanks
    Eric

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Bad plow motor OR a bad connection particular at the battery.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Could be a bad cell in the battery go get it checked.

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

i would lean towards bad connection first. unplug the power plug and run jumper cables to the motor. if it still draws hard the motor is going bad.