1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Losing patients

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BlackKnight07, Oct 17, 2011.

1. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

New to the industry this year, Kinda annoyed does everyone always wait till the last Freakin minute to decide? Hell i might be a new and obviously won't be the best plower out there but i'm not doing it for free! Even talking with a Contractor about subing he is still waiting for 4-6 Bids to come back which would be in my area.

Hopefully now that its getting colder it will wake /Business up but my God.
    Sorry had to rant! :dizzy:
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

LOL, it took me about 5 years to get over the "way is it taking so long" syndrome. I know its frustrating but the easiest thing to do is just keep busy on other things. I know exactly how you feel, hopefully the next couple weeks will be cool enough to get people thinking.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Start making phones calls to some of these places and find out if they are still thinking or signed with someone else. If they did sign with someone else start sending out round 2 of estimates.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

"Losing patients "

Damn even doctors got it tough now.
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

If you have patience you won't lose patients.
  6. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

Lol, English class wasn't a priority of mine!

I'm going to start calling again later this week.
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

LOL........And I'm still 2-3 weeks out for a decision on my 2 biggest accounts. Coorporate decided they needed 5 bids for both locations this year. Bidding has been closed for a while and I was just informed they don't plan to go over anything for that long yet. It could be snowing by then.
  8. salted

salted Junior Member
    from MI

A complex we did for 3 years called us the day before the first snowfall last year. They wanted me to drop what I was doing and bring them a contract to sign based on the weather forecast. What did I do? I flew over there, raised their rates, plowed through that season, and they signed with us three weeks ago for this year. People will always wait till the last possible day. It's for you to be ready. Show them your hungry.