1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Losing and winning to the "big boys"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lwnmwr1, Oct 7, 2004.

1. lwnmwr1

lwnmwr1 Junior Member

being a one man operation, with a little help from a big circle of friends has been the route i have chosen for my business. i had 3 cumberland farms last year and have recently found that i have to go through us maintenance. thanks to everyone's input here on plowsite i know when to cut my losses. the good news is that it only took another big company one year with the snow group to realize that was a huge mistake. so i will be filling a void with some work from there. i had a long chat with the local cumby's manager last nite explaining that i was sorry to let her down but that i would not work for us maintenance. i'm betting that it will only take a year or less for the top dogs to get an ear full of it from the locals. and for everyone out there i hope that many "events" roll through your areas.

2. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

According to what I have read, In my opinion, you have made the right decision.

3. North Country

North Country Senior Member

I concur! Great decision - I am sure that in the long run it will pay off for you. - michael

4. mo snowboy

mo snowboy Junior Member

What I have heard

I have heard NOTHING but negatives about them in snow removal, even at the local level. These guys are not snow removal companies, they are another name for property managers. They will learn, just like all the property managers, that you get what you pay for. We have just won back all the stores we lost to DENTCO two years ago because the national retailor who had hired them (to a three year contract) thought they did such a bad job, the opted out of the contract.

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I would hang in there and wait to get the acct back. Service is the most import part of the job and service will be lost when us maintenance gets involved.