1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loosey Goosey...

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by MOWBIZZ, Mar 6, 2009.

1. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I have a 2007 29 series with the clear moldboard. I have no issues with the plow as it has performed perfectly since new.
    I just took it in for a "tuneup" and to have it checked because it seems to "rattle" more than it used to...you know, going over small bumps you can hear clicks and rattles.
    Anyway, it seems like it's still looser and noisier than it ever was.
    Is this common, and how can I eliminate all the creaking and clicking and even some of the bouncing around?
    BTW the dealer said they changed the fluid, "tightened it all up" and replaced a bad down pressure switch (under warranty)
    Should I take it back and complain about the looseness issue or is this a normal thing?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be worn bolts or bushings, also check your spring adjustment.

3. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Oops...forgot I posted this...lol
    Thanks for the tips...If it ever stops snowing here I'll peek at the springs and bushings/bolts myself...thanks