1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loose Wire...

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rboucher, Jul 15, 2014.

1. rboucher

rboucher Junior Member
    from 55033

I inherited a Western plow & Chevy truck. The plow was attached this winter and worked just fine. I took the plow off this spring and now need to reattach to move it. I connected everything properly but no power to the inside controller. I know little about plow & truck/cars. I did see a thin red wire not connected to anything. The wire looks like its part of the "harness" that goes to the inside controller. Two other black wires come from the same harness and look like they are connected to some type of relay along with two thicker red wires/cables. Would the disconnected wired go on the relay connected with a thicker red cable? Looks like it would have a loop connector, but it corroded off. Does this make sense? See picture attached for a visual. Thanks

wiring3.jpg

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

That wire should be connected to the larger cable that goes to the battery. This will cause your plow not to work.

By the way, you really need to clean your connections up. Go to auto store and get some dielectric grease for the terminals.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

May need to replace one of those big red wires as well. Looks like its corroded pretty good