1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Loose plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jonny72888, Feb 10, 2016.

1. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

Hey guys. I have a new xv2. Everything seems to be getting loose as I use it. The step pins, piston pins and the center pin all have a lot more play than it did. Only has about 12 hours of driveways.

My question is can I replace the step pins with bolts? It looks like I could get the next size up and the would fit.

As far as the rest of the pins what could be done to "tighten" up the plow. When I come to a stop the whole plow moves. I have a good 4-5in of play out at the end of the plow if I pull and push. Hydrolics are all tight. It's rather annoying.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

If it is new new, it has a warranty, I would take to the dealer and ask them to look at it.

Sounds fishey

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

The robotics welder was on a oil break!

4. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

It's been to the dealer 2 times already for warranty work. Getting sick of it. The issue seems to be where it goes from 1" to 3/4. I'm going to try some washers and if that doesn't work I'll drill out the 3/4 to 1 inch and use a 1in bolt

5. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Do what you feel. Seems silly to pay for a warranty and choose not to use it... but whatever...

Warranty.jpg

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

The plow shouldn't be moving when you come to a stop. Maybe your truck mount is loose?

I wouldn't modify a 6 grand plow either. Make the dealer fix it

7. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

No its the step pins. You can see it. It's like the holes are 1/16th to big.

8. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

They said it was normal when I mentioned it last time it was there. "it's built in play so it doesn't bind" my response was how do loaders operate.

9. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

Do they have another plow assembled in their shop that you can look at to see if the pins are loose on that one too?

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Loaders are not plows....remember that.
    Huge difference capt Ron.

11. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I've never seen a plow move when coming to a stop. Side to side play is normal IMO. If it wasn't it wouldn't follow the surface and everything would bind.

But him saying it moving when stopping doesn't sound right to me. What do you think?

12. dieselss

I'm still not 100% on what pins he's talking about. However. If it's like an ultramount it's made to move (the plow) up and down.
    But if he's talking about the plow moving from the pins (left and right angle) then somethings wrong. I'm thinking pictures are in order

13. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

Post a few pics on what you are referring to.

14. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

How do I post pictures from my phone?

They are the step pins on a Fisher.

The 1" side is tight the 3/4" side is loose. About a 1/10 to big. Going to look at another plow tomorrow.

15. dieselss

Still unsure where these pins go.

16. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Upload photos to photobucket and then copy and paste the IMG code here in the message box... If it was me you can either go to a different dealer or contact fisher yourself and see what they can do for you..

17. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Step pins...headgear to push frame pins. All plows have a little play.

18. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Locking pins?

The ones that lock the plow to the mount?

19. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

What is wrong with play?

If there was no play when the truck goes over uneven ground the plow would lift of the ground (one SIDE or the other) and leave snow behind. you want it to be tight as a loader... buy a loader to plow with and see how well it works.

20. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Without clearance in the holes there will be binding issue and the plow won't articulate on uneven surfaces.
    The holes are probably "punched" rather than drilled in mfg, as the plow is used the rolled edge caused by punching the hole gets coined over and the intended clearance is obtained.
    Unlike plows loaders and hoes have bronze bushings with a slip fit for the pins and require greasing. Also unlike plows loaders are designed to be rigid.

Remember if you start drilling holes larger the dealer/ Fisher will tell you to pound sand if you have issues.

Now who installed the plow and have you checked the torque of all the fasteners.