1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like work on sundaynight

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jcfeder, Jan 24, 2004.

1. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

Here comes the snow in the good life state. (Nebraska) looks like 3"- 6" snow. Just a good nights work.payup payup payup :D

2. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

HI you really from nebraska.. what part?? Omaha?
    yeah I am looking forward to snow but need more work on plowing. I am open to help out for some payup

3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I'm with you. Its been a over a month since the last snow.
    jcfeder: I saw one of your trucks, early 7-7:30am Thur. or Fri. morning, about 72nd & Dodge area. Not many us Omaha plowers on this site. Hopefully well get at least 3-5.payup payup

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

3-6 forecasted for here too!:bluebounc Can't wait!:nod:

5. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

yeah JMR, looks like we are growing getting know other..
    it was great meeting you on friday... :drinkup:

6. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Omaha plowers: check this out, TV stations now upping to 4-8". check out NWS saying possible 8+" www.crh.noaa.gov/oax/discussion.shtml
    Everybody think snow. Joe Bastardi from accuweather says possible up to 12". Fingers crossed.payup payup

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  7. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Snow Jaw(Steve) It was nice meeting you Friday. If you want I can make a phone call to try and hook you up as a sub with guy I PM you about. I can put in a good word for you and explain your situation. Let me know. Stop by any time. If I can do anything for you let me know. John

8. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

JMR,
    yeah you can call him and give him my web page adders shows picture of my truck and tractor.

if he can talk to me tomorrow (sunday 25) after 3 and before 5pm that when I am free.. see if he can stop by my house or send me e mail..

web page is under my nick name.

9. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

JMR
    what truck did you see i have been driving (trusty) 1985 f150 looks bad but i love here she never lets me down. My wifes car was in shop so she had the new one. it is 9:30 on Sunday and its coming down :D

10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

What direction of travel is that storm and what is the strength of it. Is it heading east?

11. JMR

JMR Senior Member

jcfeder: I don't remember what brand of truck for sure(I thought GM,but could be wrong), but has your company name in the rear window? (I think)

As far as the storm goes. This looks to be one of those storms that is developing right over the top of us. Gulf moisture being pulled up to the cold northern jet. Heaviest band of snow along NE-IA border and north SD & ND- MN border. Hope it moves east so everybody can share in the fun.payup payup

Looks like most of the snow will come down later today and tonite. Coming down pretty good right now, but it's that ice pellet stuff. Accumulating none the less.

12. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

JMR
    You must of seen my new truck just got it this year its a 1996 Chevy 6.5 diesel my first year plowing with it and don't you know the first snow i lost the tranny. The old ford has never had a problem just rust. Whats the name of your shop?

13. jcfeder

jcfeder Junior Member
    from neb

Sunday all the way to Tuesday wow 15" now thats some work the new chev went down but old trusty looked like a young buck again.:D payup payup payup

14. JMR

JMR Senior Member

jcfeder: I hear ya. What a storm. I just finished. 36 hours of pushing snow out of 40 total hours, 2 hours sleep and 1 hour for meals. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    payup ::sleeping:

To bad the Chevy died. All our trucks were good to go with no real problems. I had to call in my 2 extra subs. Picked up to new commercial accounts and one new residential. My phone is still ringing for one time residential pushes, sometimes those turn into permanent accounts. Get some rest they are calling for more snow this weekend.