1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like its our turn for snow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm taking bet's on if we even get any snow for Sunday night into Tuesday. They're calling for up to 2+ feet in snow belt areas and 12-18" for the rest of us. I bet we get 6 total inches.

2. Mike_13

Mike_13 Member

You're probably right. They're saying a possible 10-20 inches here. We'll probably be lucky to see 4.

3. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Woo hoo! :redbounce:redbounce:redbounce

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Right now, I'm thinking it's too windy. If the wind calms down to 10-15 we'll get hammered. I wrecked my truck tho so I can't really plow with this rental corolla!!!

5. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

weather channel says 3-6 today and 5-8 tonight but..... that dosent mean anything, what they are really saying is "we may get snow and heck, it just might be alot"

6. SMLCAT

SMLCAT Member

Well we got 2" last night which for us is quite a bit this early in the season. Of course the ground was still warm and nothing stuck on the reads but it does look nice!!
    Getting ready for the next one!

7. Brian Young

LOL, over the past couple years I've noticed them saying instead of their typical 1-2" now its 1-4". 4 inches is a big difference. In the next couple years it will be 1-6". I cant believe with all their technology they are so off.

8. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Brian, did you have to go out?

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

last year they had a 10" spread in the forecast when the bigger storm hit. You'd think by now they'd have it all figured out. I guess mother nature keeps them guessing.

10. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

2 to 4 today 3-5 tonight 2 to 4 tomorrow so that is 7-13" of snow by Monday night! for CNY!!

11. Brian Young

No not really. We've salted quite a few times at two properties. Wanted to try out the new skid steer plow so I plowed the slush up at one place then re-salted. I like running the skid steer more than the loader,lol. The skid steer blade with the wings on is roughly 10ft wide and it did great for wind rowing but struggled toward the end of the up hill push when I pushed straight on. Its going to work out perfect with the backhoe we subbed out for that property. Hopefully tonight I can test out the loader with something else other than wet, frozen slush.

12. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

...and while Brian & the rest of you guys work, Im gonna lounge on the lazy-boy & sip Corona tonite! Thumbs Up :drinkup:

13. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

We got hammered last week. A good 2 feet areas north of us got alot more!

14. PhilFromErie

PhilFromErie Senior Member

Where's it at? I think they are just messing with us.

15. Brian Young

Its so weird, more times than not the city gets split and the snow goes about 7 miles to the east and west like a fork in the road. :alien: