1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like Illinois could be done??

Discussion in 'Weather' started by stroker79, Feb 14, 2008.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I seems like the jet stream has changed and everything is staying north. Think we are done with the snow for the most part?

I hope not. 2 more 5" events and ill be all good. or should I say, if i can get about 30-40 more hours in ill be set.

What do you guys think?

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

nope.

The jet stream has buckled more and faster this season than I can remember. In fact the stream has not been the consistent factor as usual. You need to look for the front waves this year as they are acting as strong impulses. Reading the maps is tough like summer storms.

Thr 6:pm minor snow fog. 9-midnight maybe a quick inch or dusting. Sunday ..... Sunday .... Sunday ... The maps keep favoring a massive storm in mid/lower WI and mid IL. The models are continuing to increase the storm and coverage over upper IL. Still days away but, it is tracking to be nutty big deal.

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

NOAA says storm for late Sunday into early week...

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I pre-salted on the 10th and plowed/salted on the 11th last year.

April 11th 2007

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

We got a huge storm on April 1st, 2007......there's still time boys...

6. McDude

McDude Junior Member
    from Chicago

originally thought to take a more south east track it looks like all the meteorologist are saying it's now aiming towards Chicago.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-top-headline.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0

we shall see. what a winter!

7. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

Tom says to watch sunday/sunday night... 12+ inches are possible. The storm is coming up from Texas and is takin in a lot of gulf Moisture.

8. scottL

So far the models are tracking our way. Very large, strong systems. we need a little more tracking and the rain/snow line could be iffy. If the snow clouds line up ... it will make the last large snow storm look like a dusting. Still days away though!

9. stroker79

not trying to rub anything is anyones face but do you see what i mean now? it seems like everything is changing at the last minute. the winds are changing and away from our favor. we are hovering +/- to close to the freezing line.

Dont get me wrong, i want 2 more events out of this storm to be SUPER happy. but im thinking that we may be done.

On a positive note, looks like the end of the month looks like a big storm possibly but i am not getting my hopes up until im plowing it.

Looks like ill have plenty of time to get ready for the lawncare season.

10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I would still like to get a 100 + more hours this year.

I put a ton out in repairs this year and need some recovery. payup

11. stroker79

I hear ya! 100 would be really nice but ill settle for 40

if i can get 40 ill be in real good shape for the green season.

100 hours and im buying a new mower, lol

12. scottL

Historically, we should see 1 or 2 events left in February and 1 or 2 in early March. I don't put much into projections that are out longer than 5 days unless they note why. The moisture and cold is trending our way.

I agree this week looks like zipo. Week after probable. February has trended more below average temp days than normal and our normal is suppose to be climbing back up. A few years back winter stuck around longer and the cold actually stuck around till June with far below average including freezes.

I too would really like to see 2 more big 8-12" storms and 3 more 3-4" quick shots.