1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like I might actually have to get my plow lights out!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Strobesnmore, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Looks like we might get some real snow this weekend. Figures the one weekend I can't go skiing but at least ill get to play with the plow and earn some points with my neighbors, family, and friends.

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

If you need some warning lights for your plow, we have a really great supporting vendor here. Oh, wait a minute. Never mind. Be safe out there!

3. Strobesnmore

I have fun plowing. I don't charge and do family, friends, strangers, elderly, and whomever else I come upon needing a hand. I build this really nice LED backup light that slides in my Reese hitch. It has 3 1500 lumen floods on it. I'll post a pic later.

4. mranum

mranum Member

I wondered about doing something like that. Back up lights that could slide in a receiver and just plug would be pretty handy. Thumbs Up

5. Strobesnmore

New lights all finished and ready to go. These will be for sale down the road.

[​IMG]

6. mranum

mranum Member

Only problem I can see is backing into snowbanks. :p Been there done that and wrecked a few trailer plugs located under the bumper. My thought was to have a short riser on them to get above the hitch just a bit, but yet still low enough to not block the tailgate.

Looks like they would be bright lights though. Thumbs Up

7. I do charity or karma plowing too. Along with tow straps and jumper cables, family, friends, widows etc. know who got their back. A thank you is more than enough , go do something nice for someone else. I used the beacon I purchased from Strobes-N-More Friday, helping some friends stranded along the road just before Nemo hit. Question I e-mailed about the light was answered promptly, I called in my order, talked to a live person with out going up phone "tree", got free shipping for being a Plowsite member. You are now even higher on my list. I hope things get back to normal for you Roadies.

8. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

More like these will be smashed to bits dow the road.. I saw a half dozen of those varoius under bumper lites dangeling this storm .They work great untill theres snowbanks , a common occurance in a blizzard.

9. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

Saw those too. Plus LEDs do not have the heat to melt the snow that gets on them. If you want to use LEDs you have to put them up on a headache rack.

10. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Although that may be true for some of the cheap LEDs, decent LEDs will surprise you. When I was setting up the six Whelen LINZ6's in the lower half of my light bar, I had it sitting on my basement workbench where the lights were about waist level. It took me a few minutes to get the flash patterns I was looking for. And let me tell you, that part of my body got plenty warm!

11. Strobesnmore

The key to not damaging the lights is not to overtighten them. I have hit numerous snowbanks with them and when I check them I just re-aim them and they are fine.

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

You sad it has 3 led lights but i only see 2 led lights???