1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like a new Pro Poly Plow for me

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BlueWing, Apr 5, 2011.

1. BlueWing

BlueWing Member

I was going to get a MidWeight for my 1/2 ton 2009 Dodge Ram. I just don't think it is heavy duty enough for the way I use a plow.
    I am going to put a set of Trimbren's on the front. That will take care of the weight issue with a Pro Poly plow.
    I am going to order a new Pro Poly 8'. I am already all setup for having the rear end weighted down.
    I had a Western Poly on my last truck, loved it and never had a issue with it.
    By the time I got a MidWeight, rubber snow deflector and shoes the price will not be much different then the Pro Poly.
    Now I just have to get my dealer to really sharpen his pencil for this one. He told me he places his orders for plows in April and they will come in about the first of June.
    I would love to have a MVP Plus, but the weight and after listening to some of the issues that have been posted on this forum. I want a reliable plow that I won't have issues with or a lot of maintenance.