1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looks like a good one for new england

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike33087, Feb 28, 2005.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

get your rest while you can i'm hope'n for a good 20 hours of plowing outta this one. Not hard to do with the town I plow for they will keep you out there with only flurries "just in case" :nod: its more or less the fact that they have a reputation for some of the best plowed roads on the North Shore, hey I dont mind keeps the cash flowing....

Good Luck out there

those weather men better be right or :gunsfiring: for them LOL

PLANET Member

Looks like a good one again, YEEHAA :waving:
  3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I hope it isn't wet.
  4. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

i agree

oldmankent :I hope it isn't wet.

Yeah I can definitly agree with that. I mean I only plow roads but I have one school that I usually end up doing and it will be fun if its wet to try and pile it up. My truck has plenty of power but this wet stuff gives it a good challenge.
  5. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I'm starting to get nervous about the damned "rain/snow line" which I seem to live right in the middle of. :mad:

Seems like every time I watch the news the line moves more my way and the totals keep dropping. First it was 6-12 and 4-8. This morning, it's 4-8 my way, 5-10 just north and west and only 6-12 way north and west.

These effing weathermen have gotten me all cranked up for a major snowfall 3 times this month. Once it was all rain, the second was maybe 2 1/2 inches and the 3rd was about 5 or 6. Why can't we all just get a foot and share it!!!

I'm not going to believe anything until I see it. I hope they are wrong and it shifts during the last hours and we get the 6 to 12 they originally predicted. I'm sick of all the hype. They should just say we're only in for a coating, then I bet we'd get some serious accumulation.
  6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Hey mike i have 2 04 F350s going for sale this spring.Plows,sanders,dump and pickup one xlt.one xl.Call me let me know what u are looking for Tony 203 410 6065.
  7. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

not too bad

i ended up getting about 11.5 hours in before the town called me off

tony i will definitly be contacting you in the near future
  8. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

It was WET!!!!! And freaking heavy too!
  9. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

It was light and fluffy where I live :D :nod:
  10. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

in between

i think it was in between wet and heavy / powdery up here, it seemed like when i first got the call it was wet but as the storm moved past midnight it was somewhat powdery but definitly piled up fast.