1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looks like a 'downgrade' to F150 in 2014.

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kurtandshan, Jan 15, 2013.

1. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

If anyone has seen the JUST released Ford Atlas F150 concept truck...looks like I will be finally listening to my wife and 'Downgrading' to a F150. BadA**! Detroit papers say production model should be very close to the concept. I would post a link or pic but I don't know how.ussmileyflag and for our canadian friends:tymusic
  2. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

They never confirmed that this is going to be the f150, it could be used for all f series trucks.
  3. kurtandshan

Detroit FreePress story on the unveiling, at the Detroit Auto Show, touts it, with quotes from Ford execs as the new F150. Would be even more tough with a straight axle.
  4. Theplower

Theplower Junior Member

Thanks, didn't know that.
    I wonder if it will be able to hold a plow once it's eventually released, it looks like a pretty strong truck, but I can see some of the new technology on it getting in the way....
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Why would a straight axle make it more tough?
  6. kurtandshan

Guess its personal preference but I feel the simple, strong design of a straight axle is capable of handling more weight and abuse than the complex, intricate design of independant suspension. I'm no engineer, or even an expert, but to me Less parts+larger parts+simple parts= stronger=straight axle.
    When it comes to my plow truck ride quality is not the determining factor.
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

New Fords & Dodges with straight axles ride as nice, if not better then the new GM's. That said, all 3 ride nice and hold plows well nowadays.

That new F150 looks amazing, they should just release it as is. Its a beautiful truck.
  8. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I liked the ramps that tucked under the bed I thought that was awesome.
  9. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I WANT THAT!!!! wesportwesport

Seeing this will help me get over my love affair with the SVT Raptor!! :yow!: