1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking Western plow mount for 1997 dodge ram 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by keith1981, Aug 28, 2012.

1. keith1981

keith1981 Junior Member

hey not sure if im posting in the right forum or not. But i am looking for a truck side mount for a 1997 dodge ram 1500. I got a blade for free from a friend but it has no mount
  2. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

hi Keith, welcome to the forum.
    Need to know what generation of Western plow it is. Since it was free, I'd guess maybe a conventional mount? Is it a cable control power unit?
  3. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Nealybird is right we need to know what series of western it is. If you are not sure take pics
  4. keith1981

keith1981 Junior Member

hey its a pro plow #60390 is the number on the blade. i dont have a control unit i was going to buy one at princess auto to go under the hood
  5. albinodeerguy

albinodeerguy Junior Member

Plow mount/truck side

Hi Keith1981,
    I just removed a #60390 plow, plow frame, and wiring harness from a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500. I mounted the plow on my Chevy but have no use for the Dodge plow frame or harness and would sell one or both to you.
    If your interested, I can post some photos. I live in central Minnesota.
    I 'm pretty sure the plow frame will fit your '97 but you may want to ask the knowledgeable people on this site to be certain.Thumbs Up
  6. keith1981

keith1981 Junior Member

i am pretty sure they are the same. some pics would be great. how much were you looking for both. and i live in newfounland canada. postal code A0A 1W0 im not sure what shipping would be but i am interseted in both the frame and harness
  7. albinodeerguy

How about $150? That's what I have invested in the mount and harness for my Chevy and I'd be happy if I could recoup that money.
    The frame is complete. The harness is missing the joystick controller and solenoid.
    I've never sold anything via this site but I am a seller on ebay under the same name "albinodeerguy" so please take a look at my 100% positive feedback and read the responses from my customers. You can expect the same service as my ebay customers and no scam from me.
    If you agree on the price, for your safety and mine, I suggest you open a Pay Pal account (it's free). That way you can deposit the money into my Pay Pal account and be protected through the Pay Pal Buyer Protection Agreement. Basically, Pay Pal will refund your money if you don't receive the mount and harness. If you have a better idea, let me know.
    I'll get everything packaged up and get some prices for shipping to give you a better idea as to the total cost.
    I have photos but I'm having trouble downloading them on this site. Here's my email; timroeschlein@scicable.com Contact me and hopefully I can get the photos to you that way.
  8. keith1981

keith1981 Junior Member

hey i just emailed you. you can try sending the pics to me there. thanks
  9. albinodeerguy

Outrageous Shipping

I'm uncertain if you got the photos I emailed to you but after I checked on the cost to ship, it really makes no difference.
    The plow mount has a total weight of 130 pounds. USPS will only ship packages up to 70 pounds which means I would have to ship 2 packages. The mount is in 2 pieces so it could be done.
    But the cost to send just ONE package from 56386 to New Foundland Canda is $282.00! :eek:That's not counting any duties or taxes that may be assessed to you once it crosses the border.
    I think your best bet is to fabricate a mount.
    Sorry I couldn't help you out.
  10. keith1981

keith1981 Junior Member

hey thanks for your time checking on shipping and that. if it was not so much to ship i would have it no questions asked. thanks again
  11. silverram323

silverram323 Junior Member

albinodeerguy: i just sent you a email on that mount if you still have it.