1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to upgrade want options good and bad

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Jewell1386, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

I am looking to upgrade from my 14 year old boss poly v to a blizzard power plow. I plow large commercial (walmarts) ad a housing development with 40 or so drives. Is this the plow for am and what is the good bad and different. What should I make sure I have on the new plow? I wan it to last another 14 yrs

2. orange toys

orange toys Member

i just purchased a speedwing (Similar) and I love it. The wings moving automaticlly is nice, can't imagine having a 10ft blade doing that.

3. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Not much different orange. Your plow measures 9'6" I believe. An 86110LP does feel like a big difference however.

Jewell,

I don't know what you would add to a PowerPlow to improve it. There aren't many options. Snow deflector, trip spring cover and airfoil. None of those will increase longevity. The best thing you can do is be persistent on maintenance, replace worn parts before they fail and be smart as an operator.

I am not sure what your annual snowfall is in Indiana. Here in our part of Wisconsin we get 60-70" inches annually. Over the years I have seen most commercial users of Power Plows in our area ready for replacement or major overhaul after about 7 or 8 seasons. There are guys out there running Powerplows 14 years old but not many. (Mostly because the Blizzard brand has only been around for 17 years and because a lot of improvements were made in 03-05.) I am sure it is possible to get that kind of life out of the Powerplow, it just isn't common in our area.

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Jewell,
    Drop me a line and come over and check mine out. I have an 8611lp on my F350 (had two but sold 1 setup.) I am in Edwardsburg about 15 minutes from you. My dealer is in Dowagiac and is the absolute best around.

Adam@turfmenllc.com

5. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

still waiting on my new plow!!!! been supposed to be on for 2 weeks! local dealer says waiting on parts. kinda scared what if I have a break down in a year or so?? any suggestions from other owners as to easing my thoughts

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Who are you getting the plow from?

7. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Yard n gard in Elkhart Indiana

8. dieselss

Ok. Little far from me. They a blizzard dealer? Do they have a website?

9. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

Yes there website is www.yardngard.com and I am in southbend Indiana not sure where u r.

10. dieselss

Nwi. Little hike from ya

11. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

How far, do you do the financing, and do you have one for a ford f350 04 6.0l diesel