1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to upgrade to the Hiniker 8.5 Poly Vplow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Brandon29, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

What do you guys think of this? I have 3 meyer 7.5 poly plows and I need one V plow for the lots that we do. I see a lot of people in my townhas made the switch to the Hinikers. The only thing that makes me scared is the fork issue? I have never heard of this problem till I started looking around on here. I know a guy that has a steel hiniker that he has had for 8 years and only changed the oil once and has never had a problem and he beats on it really hard. I wont be so hard on it. How is the new trip on these plows? do you guys like it? I really want this plow and I know it would look awesome on my truck!
  2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

I guess anything would be a upgrade from your Meyers. With that said I would tell you to get a Boss V. Or even a MVP by Western. I'm not that far from you, and everybody here is swamping there Hiniker for better blades. Just my opinion, but stay away from Hiniker!
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I just started switching over to Western plows. We ran Hiniker's for many years and after having a fork issue many times among other issues we decided to try something else, have not yet gotten to use the MVP Plus western that we got still waiting on snow to come again!
  4. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

I dont care for the boss plows. We dont have anyone in town that stocks the parts so I would have to order it them or drive to get them. I have given the Western MVP some thought.
  5. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

The Hiniker 8.5 V is a great plow. Hiniker has had some issues with the forks breaking on the heavier plows. We have not had much of an issue with these but reading comments on here there seems to be some. We do have some plows at great end of season pricing if you are interested. See http://www.arlingtonpower.com/pages/customcatalogs/viewcategories/1028/Snow__Ice.aspx

Arlington Power Equipment
    847.241.1530 ext 104
  6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Lot of guys running Hiniker plows around here...Dont know of anyone personaly that has had an issue with forks breaking. 3 rd yr for mine without any problems.