1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking To Upgrade Snow Blower Fleet

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 32vld, Nov 12, 2014.

1. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I do most residential driveways and have added to large driveways this year. Also my sons may not be able to work with much this year as they have in the past.

I have a 1996 Troy Bilt, bought new, 2 stage 24" non locking drive and a 2003 Sears 2 stage 28" locking drive, bought use for $150 around 2009.

I prefer the non locking drive because it is easier to steer and keeps a hand free to change the chute direct when making a turn so I do not have to stop the blower moving forward.

Ariens makes a 36", and have only heard good things about that brand. Any ever use one of those 36" models?

Cub Cadet makes a 46". The size appeals to me because I want to increase my rate of productivity. Anybody with knowledge on the 46" Cub?

Also I know have three large gravel driveways. Which making me think about getting a track model. Pull a lever and the blower sits about 1" higher so no more pushing down on the handles to raise the front to avoid picking up stones.

If you have used a track snow blower please share your opinions on them.

2. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

I used the 45" model blower, IMO it's not realistic for commercial snow removal, moving from property to property, it's big, bulk and can be a handful to maneuver in heavy snow, I have a few 32" and love them, I would suggest you look at the 32-36" size, unless you are able to make the switch to go to something even larger like a 4 wheeler or tractor set up.

Best of luck!