1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to trade my boss poly v for steel v

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grf_1000, Oct 4, 2009.

1. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

anyone intertested in a boss 8'2" poly? i am looking to trade only for a steel boss v. plow,cutting edge and poly board are nice. i just bought this plow from indiana. was not used much as you can see. i got a good deal on it. i just decided i want a steel one. i have a few miles of gravel roads to plow and think the rocks will thrash a poly the more i think about it. let me know if your interested. i'll be heading down state in mi. next weekend so i could meet somewhere to do the swap.

boss.jpg

boss 2.jpg

2. azandy

azandy Member

If you can't find a good deal for a swap, you can just change the wings from poly to steel. We did this last year because we twisted the frame on one side when someone hit something. I bought a new center pin and two almost new wings for $600.00. You could sell your poly ones. I bought these at Elias Auto in Wausaukee WI. A little ride but not bad from Gaylord

3. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

Thanks for the info. I might look into doing that if I don't do a trade

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I have one I'll trade but its not as nice as yours. Wish I'd have known while you were down here!!

IMG_4603.jpg

5. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

That one won't even work with my setup. Yours is older mounts and wiring are different.sorry

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Its the same, its an RT3 mount just like yours....just without the quick pins. All wiring is the same, even RT2's. This plow actually has both brand new harnesses.

I mean it's fine if you don't want it, its for a customer anyhow, I just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  7. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

the boss dealer here told me if it had the turn signals like yours does that it wont work without changing the harness. anyway, i'd like one newer and in good condition.

8. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

i have more pics but cant seem to get them to load. i'll email them if someone is interested

9. wezz_23

wezz_23 Junior Member

how much just to buy yours?

10. grf_1000

grf_1000 Senior Member

TRADE only. or if you know someone with a steel 8'2'' v that will sell me then i'd sell mine but not till i have the steel v