1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to trade blades...downsize from 8' Fisher

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Raymond S., Jun 28, 2008.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

I have an 8' Fisher MMII. Lights are newer and the motor was redone 2 seasons ago, but has had very little use. I got the plow installed last year, bought used, and only used it 3 times. It is too heavy duty for what I use it for, my drive and my parents' drive. If someone wants to trade I am interested in a smaller Fisher that will fit my mount. I am located in SW Michigan.
    Let me know,
    Thanks,
    -Adam
    (574) 250-7281

2. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Do you have pictures? I might be interested. Take lot's of pics and email them to me. jongeer@charter.net

3. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

just wanted to bump this back up to the top. Winter is coming and I would like to find something a little lighter if I could. Don't need a plow this big for my drive.
    email or call if interested.
    -Adam
    castelucca@yahoo.com
    574-250-7281

4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

back to top.
    Just moved this plow from the back of the shop to the front. Any takers? I would like to find something a little lighter for the little bit of plowing that I do. Plow is in good shape. Let me know if you are interested.

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Pictures would help you immensely here!

6. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Here are the pics...I think.

You will notice some paint/rust peeling on the light frame. Plow could use a shot of paint but it's solid. The stand is broken, I just use a jack stand or floor jack though no big deal. I am looking for something lighter like I said. I don't plow enough for this heavy duty of a plow. If you're intersted let me know what we can work out.

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I'd say thats mm1, an early one too, older a-frame of the mm1, atleast thats what it looks like to me

8. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

First of all, that is DEF a MINUTE MOUNT ONE. Second of all, it does not have any type of "newer" Lights. Third of all, that plow is pretty beat. You might not have used that plow very much, but someone else certaintly did.

9. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Thats what I see too.
    I would say those are newer then orginal mm1 lights. but they are not very new at that.
    And I wouldn't say thats been beat to hard, never painted the tower maybe. but I don't see much fron the pictures such as dents, or things that have been welded / fixed. I look at the photos that show the far edge of the moldboard and the're isn't much of bents on the tips, so that seems to me, it's not very hard beat.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  10. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

So it's a MMI, I never claimed to be an expert nor did I expect someone to come pick it up without pics. But to say the plow has been beat I think is unfair. There are no dents, mold board is OK, no chips or major marks from where it hit something. Paint could use a redo if you're going for cosmetics. Pump was redone 2 seasons ago and the lights were new before I bought it, hence I said "Newer lights." The plow works fine and is in fine shape. I'm not looking to screw someone here, just looking for something a little easier on the truck for all the more plowing I do.

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

The frame is bent considerably forward from what little of it you see. Please add in a side shot displaying the profile.

12. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

By frame do you mean the light frame or the A frame that goes from the mount to the plow? Neither are bent but I do notice there are 3 sets of holes towards the back that appear to be adjustments depending on how close the light bar needs to sit to the bumper, maybe that not what they're for but it looks like it. Anyway, it appears that you could "raise" the light bar more so that it would sit more vertical. Not sure if this is what you mean or not but like I said neither are bent but it could appear to sit more forward than what some do.

13. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Those are Meyer lights and it looks like an Insta-Act pump. I suggest that you just got find a 7 1/2 foot blade and swap the blades only, but the weight won't be that much of a difference to make it worth it in my opinion.

14. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

I bet if you look at the casing on the lights, they say truck lite on them. They are identical to the new ones I bought through napa last season. So I guess they would technically be "new".
    JMO