1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to split a load in WI

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Stud Bro, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

I'm looking for people that would be interested in splitting a rail care of salt with me. i can deliver the salt to you if you live in Wisconsin however our trucks arnt licensed to operate out of state. I only need 50 more tons however i can only order it in 100 ton train cars so you can see my problem. Our trucks are end dump semis so you will have to take a min of 24-25 tons. I will be having my order of 50 tons treated with magic salt so if you would be interested the equipment would be on sight to treat yours at the same time. If your interested PM me I WILL NOT RELEASE MY SUPPLIERS NAME UNTIL I RECEIVE MY LAST LOAD SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS MEAN BUT I HAVE SEARCH HI AND LO THIS YEAR FOR SALT AND I DONT WANT TO RISK IT BEING STOLEN OUT FROM UNDER ME. however after i get my last load i will post a list of suppliers i know to still have salt. Thanks for looking

2. PROPLOWIN

PROPLOWIN Junior Member
    from wi

depending on the the cost , I could use about 150 more ton in the shed to be safe

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

remember, the salt from those train cars is like powder and you go throug it ALOT faster. Its not rock salt

4. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I agree with Stroker. That salt is coming from the west coast and is powdery and goes through your spreader about 10 times faster than normal rock salt. They will say its "commercial grade", or "meets municipal specs" or whatever, and that is true because the stuff works great, but unless you can figure out a way to decrease the flow (opening gates to only the minimal opening wont do it) you will be using much, much, much more than you expect.

5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

Well , i dont blaim you at all, i know most of us are friends here, but i think the number of "members" on this site is fare exceted by "unregistered" who is more than likely your competion. But when you do get your loads all secure , please pass along any info you may have -

6. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

well from what i was told this salt was the rock salt not the powder i went to place the order yeastier day and now i might be in trouble because there not sure that i can still get it or should i say there not going to sell it to me at the original price. so back to the phones. I really hate this hole salt thing i think it would be easier to find gold than salt this year. people are going to stop robbing banks and start robbing salt bin.

7. elite1msmith

from chicago

go figure...

8. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I heard quite a bit about that going on last year, especially in the chicagoland area, probably elitemsmith

9. elite1msmith

from chicago

na im smarter than that , i go straight to the source, why rob a small bin, when you can rob the mine dirrectly

10. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

The gates were open on friday night at the port of milwaukee when i drove by at like 6pm, i called my boss and told him to get a truck and the loader down there and start loadin

11. Stud Bro

Stud Bro Senior Member

thats a darn good idea if we go to the mines with loaders and trucks what could there excuse be

12. elite1msmith

from chicago

so pull up with your own trucks, your own loaders, labor, a fuel tank full of deisel and ask the manager , how long will you let us play in your mine?

13. mow4u

mow4u Junior Member
    from midwest

im interested let me know email me at jason@gruberlawncare.com I would take 23tons. what part of the state are u from. i live in western wi.

14. elite1msmith

from chicago

there was some good information on here , why was it removed?