1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to setup a 97 Ram with a plow

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NYDodgeRam97, Mar 9, 2005.

1. NYDodgeRam97

NYDodgeRam97 Junior Member

Need some info on setting up a 97 Ram 1500 with a plow, where do I start? What brands are the best, can I get used equipment? I live on Long Island N.Y., if anyone knows of any used plow equipment, or a shop that installs that would be great. thanks
  2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

I have a 1997 Dodge 1500 with a 7' 6'' pro Western ultramount and I love it, I put a set of progressive coil springs to help hold the extra weight. I installed the plow myself without any problems. Good luck on finding a plow. Kenny
  3. danno

danno Senior Member

I got a 96. I bought a Fisher MM I setup. The 2 biggest things that you have to remember is if buying used, is getting the right mounts and wiring harness, and installation. If looking in the paper, ask first, what was the plow mounted to. Don`t tell what vehicle you have, untill they tell you. Otherwise you could be taking a plow setup off someone`s hands that will tell you it came off the "same vehicle!", but the mounts won`t fit until its too late. Mounts run around 300-500 bucks.
    If it comes with the wiring harness, and its good, be prepared to spend around 400-500 bucks to have it all installed.
    I spent 325.00 for my used plow in great condition, with the correct mounts. Another 700.00 for a new harness and installation. But it works like a charm, with no problems !