1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to put plow on F250CC

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Scott 6466, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Scott 6466

Scott 6466 Junior Member

Hey Folks, I have a 03 F250 crew cab long bed. I was ponding putting a Boss plow and a bed or tailgate spreader in. I know the added wait will wear on the suspention parts but that shouldn't be an issue (going to beef up the springs all the way around and add Timbrin). I was more worried about damage to the frame. I've checked the Boss site for my application and it says not recommended. Any input.
  2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I assume you have a diesel. Most plow manufacturers won't recommend putting a plow on a CC LB because you will exceed the front gross axle weight rating.

I run a Meyer with a tailgate spreader and never worry about frame damage.
  3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

ive gotta crew cab short bed with the 5.4....i usually put 1000-1500lbs of ballast in the back and i have no problems. only problem you will experience is the crappy a$$ turns these trucks make!