1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to put a plow on an s10

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gmcplowtruck, Jun 14, 2007.

1. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

i currently have an o1 dodge 2500 with plow 102,400 having tranny problems also have an 1985 gmc 2500 with plow looking to sell truck is older then me but bought as a backup truck
    i have a 2006 gmc 3500 dump but dont want to beat it up and its big has blind spots
    i found a 95 s10 5 speed 4.3 v6 4x4 i think its a zr2 at least it has the looks of one but isnt labeled engine is bad it knocks has 214,000 on it found new engine for $450
    guy is looking to get $2000 im thinking i can offer him a grand cash in person and he may take it truck has been sitting for 2 years its a garage that was going to fix but says he has no time i found a guy who has a snoway 7"6 plow w/down pressure for $1200 from a 98 1500 chevy what do you guys think
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

depends on the plow.
    18/ST :nod: good match,
    24 series/MT little heavy,
    25 series/HT :eek: no way, too heavy.

Not fond of vehicles that have sat, things dry out, corrode, etc. little nit-picking kinds of things.payup
    " A body in motion stays in motion, a body at rest stays at rest"

Welcome to plowsite! :waving:
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I bought a truck that huad sat for two years (Basher, it was that '87 Ram lol) and it was nothing but a headache. Everything had either rotted or was on it's way out. Not saying that every vehicle is like that, but that was just my expierience. I'd be hesitant.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bought a Fiat that had 36000 but had sat for 6 years. Blew wheel cylinder first two times I drove it, after the second one I rebuilt them all. Guy that works for me just got a 44 jeep that sat for years. So far we've done wheel cylinders, carb, and all the belts and hoses. Having problems with the charging system. everytrhing is in good shape just dry.
  5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

With that many miles the engine is not the only problem!
    It could nickle and dime you to death!
    Then by stressing all the elderly parts by plowing it will break down when you need it the most. The last owners could of spanked it every time they drove it.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I would put a plow on your dump truck. Yea its got blind spots. But you get used to that or for $400 put an RV camera on it and you can see everything. I personally rather drive a dump truck than a pickup when plowing.
  7. MickiRig1

We used to have a regular patient on kidney dialysis that we took home 3 times a week.
    He had an old WW II jeep that had been restored. It had the Army star, numbers and the whip antenna.
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Joe just stuck his 44 in the paint shop, He has the stencils, he's even back tracked the vehicle's history so it's numbers are correct. It's crazy but he has been getting most of the OEM parts from France and the Netherlands.

I bet he'd love to chat with your patient, ask him if he's interested, and if he hangs on any discussion groups.
  9. MickiRig1

Unfortunately the patient died about a year ago. ( WW II jeep owner )
    Once you reach the stage where you have to get transported back and forth to kidney dialysis by ambulance. Your at the end stage of the disease. That a real hard part of my job. Transporting and talking to people 2 \ 3 times a week, a first name basis, then bamm they are gone.
  10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My next door neighbor is a terminal care nurse, I don't know how she does it.

Your job takes special people:salute: