1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to purchase

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Rangr25, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

Hi I came across a Boss V on craigslist and was just seeing if someone could give me some tips or help me out with what to look for if I go look at it?

I'm hoping to hook it up to my 2000 chevy 2500...

The asking price is $2500
    Late 90's model 8'2" Boss V-Plow. No leaks. 5/8ths inch cutting edge. Snowflaps with hold down chains. Plow works great moving to warmer climate. Price includes Plow, Mount, and full harness. Mount is for 99-07 Ford F-250

Heres the link to the ad.
    http://detroit.craigslist.org/pts/1047223740.html

2. rjfetz1

rjfetz1 Senior Member
    from CT.

I would need more pics before I bought that plow. IMO thats to much money. You never know how or if it was maintained.

3. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

also i was curious how you determine if its and rt1 2 or 3?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

By the design of the light tower in that pic...and it's an RT2. Good plow for their time but a bit of a dinosaur now. Some RT2 mounts aren't even available for newer trucks so you have to be careful what your installing it on.

You'd be further ahead to add a few bucks to it and go with a newer setup in the long run.

5. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

Would you think that mount would be available for 2000 chevy 2500?

I have talked to the guy and told him that I didnt need the mount off his trunk so he said he would lower the price to $2000.. Is this a reasonable price for the plow?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes an RT2 can be had for a 2000 GM. But an '02 will be the newest truck you'll be able to upgrade to at a later date with that plow so keep that in mind.

2K isn't a bad buy but it's no steal either...not at this time of the season when 3 or 4 year old vee's can be had for 3K ready to mount.

7. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

Alright thanks a lot for your input I really appreciate the help!

8. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

I went and picked up the plow yesterday worked really well and looked real clean! I'm now curious if anyone might be able to help me with some upgrade suggestions for the front end of my truck?

9. Rangr25

Rangr25 Junior Member

I suppose it might help if i gave some information about my truck...

Its a 2000 Chevy 2500 Ext. Cab 4x4

The Plow is a 8'2" Boss V-Blade RTII Style

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Start with 3-4 turns on the T-bars and the correct ballast, and then add a set of Timbrens if necessary. Thats it.

11. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

now some timbrens on there and crank up the t bars. Fill out your sig as well so we can help you in the future.