1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to purchase a Hiniker...Help!!

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by tsidders, Oct 15, 2008.

1. tsidders

tsidders Junior Member

I'm adding another truck to the fleet and am looking into a hiniker plow( straight 8'). I currently have a Western MVP Vplow on another truck and am quite happy w/ it. Would love to hear any all pro's/con's of the Hiniker brand
    Thanks in Advance

2. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hey there is a 8' scoop for sale right below for 2700 sounds like a good deal ,might have to find a diff. mount . it's only iowa not that far . good luck barry

3. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I picked up a new 8' pro poly last yr..I like how easy it is to install/remove. Cycles quickly and had no issues with it. Although we didnt get to many snow events last yr.. Had a curtis before this one, and hated it

4. Grampa Plow

Grampa Plow Senior Member
    from Midwest

I'm debating on the Hininker Scoop and the Western Wide Out...someone said that the Western will stack snow higher. True or not? Many of my lots are small and a high stack capability is critical or they end up hauling it...which they hate.

5. be250

be250 Junior Member
    from kc mo.

hi, i have a scoop 8' hiniker & a 9.5 v western, the hiniker will do more than a straight plow by a lot but not more than the v, like mine a bunch good luck , barry