1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to pick up a 07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Quad Runner. Anyone use one? Need some input

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by sn95vert, Jul 15, 2011.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Local dealer near me has this quad for sale with a 54" moose plow and warn RT25 winch for $4k. How are they when it comes to plowing? Im sure plowing anything under a foot wouldn't be a problem but I am wonder how it will handle over a foot of wet snow/ice.

2. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Also how are they in the off season when it comes to mud? The tires on now are half worn down so they will need to be replaced if I buy it.

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

we run a few of these machines, and I have one personally. what i've heard from the operators is that compared to the polaris machines we have, these are easier to turn, and handle better, but the polaris is better once the snow starts piling up. The suzuki also has less ground clearance with the plow on, so we have had more snapped winches cables on the suzuki over the polaris. As for my personal one I have very limited winter use on mine, normally it sits at my cottage with the plow on, and by the time I get up there, the snow is too deep to use it anyway.....

as for offroad in the off season, i've never gotten mine stuck......i've pulled out a neighbors ford expedition that was buried in a snow bank, as well as a different neighbors tractor that was buried in a swamp (the warn winch is awesome)

4. fordtruck661

fordtruck661 Senior Member
    from CT

I have a 2006 Polaris sportsman 450 with plow and winch that I am trying to sell asking $3500 let me know if you are interested