1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to hire transport

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by BlackIrish, Sep 23, 2010.

1. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

So I bought myself another tractor, Kubota M8540 with loader/bucket/v plow.
    Problem is that it's in Marseilles IL and I need it to be brought to Ottawa Ontario Canada. Could be picked up anytime next week and be delivered during reg business hours.
    Loading ramps at both sites.
    Anyone up for a roadtrip ?

2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

try u ship!!! Its great!

3. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Shipment is posted there already.
    Trying to see who/what else is available.

4. Mdwstsnow512

Mdwstsnow512 Senior Member

whats it weigh??

whats it pay??

thanks
    Nate

5. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

Tractor , loader, and bucket weigh 9,260 pounds. Western V plow weighs roughly 1100 pounds. So total weight is 10,360 pounds. It's the tractor in my avatar. 96" wide x 19'-9" long x 104" high. Check out the end of this thread...... http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=102555

6. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

So it's like 1700 miles round trip, I'll do it for 3600$

7. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You won't go for "a dollar a mile"? I think Uship is around .50 a mile or less.

8. ajslands

No sir! And if he dosn't like my price then he can go with someone else.

Oh btw my price does not include fuel.

9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

What you don't seem to realize, is that you have to cross a border. To haul into Canada, you have to be bonded through a broker along with a few other things which could cost you alot of money if you don't already have them. You have to pay duty, tolls, ect as well. It would be much cheaper to haul it yourself.

10. Mick

from Maine

Unless you've got a CDL, you're going to have a problem renting something big enough to haul all that. Best bet is contact a transport company set up for crossing the border. Believe me, you DO NOT want your stuff hung up at customs. This is not a place for Uship. Get a properly registered broker experienced with the border.

ajslands and I were just fooling around - making fun of the poor state of the trucking industry.

11. ajslands

You should see the other thread! :laughng:

12. Metro Lawn

He's got plent of truck to tow it. It weighs less than my skid steer and I pull that with a 3/4 ton gasser. Just rent or borrow an equipment trailer and go get it yourself. They will let you haul your own property without all the issues.

13. Metro Lawn

He's got plenty of truck to tow it. It weighs less than my skid steer and I pull that with a 3/4 ton gasser. Just rent or borrow an equipment trailer and go get it yourself. They will let you haul your own property without all the issues.

14. Mick

from Maine

He's saying the equipment alone weighs 10,360 pounds.

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I think Metro understands that. I'd pull it with my truck if it was my tractor.

16. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Contact Triple L: transport a division of Triple L landscaping which is a division of Triple L truck pulling located in Kitchener amongst other companies I'm sure. He has a long goose neck trailer. But I think he only has a G2 license. Wont be long and he will be in here.

17. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

You should refer to his original thread about the kubota 8540 tractor LOL....

got full g license now... working on a A...

18. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Yea I see that now LOL. Full A or Restricted A? Even the punjabi truck co's want an arm and a leg for the course. Going for my "Z" GZ LOL..