1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to get started in the Plow industry...what to get

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by RedneckPlowGuy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. RedneckPlowGuy

RedneckPlowGuy Senior Member

Ok guys, as the titel states, im new to all this and really have no clue what to get. Ive heard all about plows, C, V, trip, scoop, steel, poly, etc etc etc. Basically, i want to know whats going to suit me as a starter in this industry as a minimum to get done what i need in an efficient manner. My truck is listed in the sig below and i also have a POS MTD 8hp, 26" snowblower. Not necessarily looking for a new plow, but looking for a GOOD QUALITY used plow. Buddy of mine wants to do this as well, and eventually make a pretty good company/fleet out of it. So guys, with that said, start shooting me what i need, what type and size of plow for my truck, sander/salter if needed, sidewalk equip. and anything else im missing.

Like i said, im new to this and need as much info as possible. I know all about needing insurance etc. but what type and everything could be helpful.

Thanks a TON guys

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Any 7.5 - 8 foot straight blade for a beginners basic (maybe add wings) All brands make those sizes. Might want to find out what's sold most in your area and run with that brand for service and parts convenience. I am partial to Fisher, but that's because I've never used anything else and it's what I have on my Dodge now. Lot's of Fisher Minute Mount mounts on Ebay right now for your truck. Just my meaningless two cents xysport
  3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

1. customers :)

2. As the poster above said, I'd get a 8' straight blade with wings (which you can easily take off if you need to)

But I'd get customers first.