1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to get into snow removal, please help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bigbone, Aug 31, 2007.

1. bigbone

bigbone Junior Member
    from midwest

I am looking to do snow removal for my lawn customers and I have some basic questions. All of these customers just have a driveway and maybe a sidewalk. No parking lots or anything like that.

1. Would I just need to get a walk behind snow blower or do I need to get a plow attachment for my mower?

2. If answer to question 1 is yes then what about if there is ice below the snow, do I just put down salt? I don't see myself actually grabbing a shovel and busting my back to remove the ice.

3. What if there are cars in the driveway when I am doing the snow removal? Do I ask the customer to move their car or just do what I can and leave?

Thanks for any replies. Like I said, I know nothing about snow removal.

P.S. If anyone wants to ask me questions about lawn care then feel free to send me a private message.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

For specific ?s try the search feature, and bring your lunch, there's a lot of information already on the site

For lawn care go to http://www.lawnsite.com/. If they haven't already, the guys there can answer any lawn care ?s you have.
    You'll need a few more posts before the private message system is available to you.