1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to get in on some lake effect!

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I know this may be a stretch, and everyone wants help they can depend on for all snow events not just lake effect. But I'm gonna roll the dice and maybe by chance there's someone in NE Ohio that needs help with lake effect.
    I already have a contract in Columbus OH with Brickman, yet all we've seen in the way of snow is a dusting. All the while our friends to the north get to have all of the fun with a beautiful stream of lake effect snow. So if there is anyone that would be willing to throw a Columbus dog a bone I'm your man!

2. kthhayes

kthhayes Junior Member

Same here in Cincinnati, I have been thinking about heading north to some of the deeper stuff. We work for Brickman/Groundmasters and have plowed for them over the last 6 years. I guess that I am just a junkie for the powder, snow that is.lol I just picked up a 01 Ram with a Blizzard 810 and am itching to work it. Like I said, I am under contract to Brickman, but if somone is interested in help when we are dry and you are burried I would be interested in a roadtrip... erem@cinci.rr.com Yes i am insured.lol

3. skidoo08

skidoo08 Junior Member
    from indiana

I'm north of Indianapolis and itching to do the same. I am undercontract with Hittles here but have not even hooked my plow up yet. If anybody needs help anywhere I will travel if there is work. I am laid off till April so I have time. Let me know if I can help.

4. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

i think we all need to move ! lol ! same here . do some work for /through brickman . just don't snow enough for me . looking to travel ! maybe they can hire all of us together so we too can make a little $$$$

5. skidoo08

skidoo08 Junior Member
    from indiana

I have some other feelers out there. If I come across something I will let you guys know, maybe we can travel together or share hotel rooms or something to keep the cost down and the profit higher.

6. kthhayes

kthhayes Junior Member

sounds great!!! :)

7. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

i'm in boys !!! :yow!:

8. kthhayes

kthhayes Junior Member

Seems so delightfully draconian, "blades for hire" ha ha!!!

9. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

i say we all load up and head to the dakotas ! them boys get the **** all the time !!! :D

10. kthhayes

kthhayes Junior Member

How about Vail. lol Love to get in some skiing. hehehe Think the wife would kill me though;)

11. skidoo08

skidoo08 Junior Member
    from indiana

I think there is a Brickman in Cadillac Michigan. Do you guys have an in with them being your contracted in Ohio?...They have been getting dumped on this year. It might be worth asking about.

12. kthhayes

kthhayes Junior Member

Best thing to do is just call them, but down here they want only primary subs, ppl who come when they call and have no other commitments. Try them anyway. Might be a bit far for me, I was thinking more of Akron Cleveland and Stow areas...

13. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Ain't that the truth!

Hell, I'd head to that state up north or anywhere (they're nation wide ya know) and plow through Brickman. The thing about that is they want you available and ready for anything that might happen where you've already got contracted properties. So they're nun to helpful when it comes to sending local help out of town.

If anyone does come across anything please keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute:

14. oilcan

oilcan Junior Member

we need snow !!!!!!! :redbounce

15. kthhayes

kthhayes Junior Member

Got my info out to some of the brickman offices in Cleaveland and greater Detroit area, might work but no info as of yet.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  16. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Have plow will travel,lol

17. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Have you heard anything from Brickman up there?

18. skidoo08

skidoo08 Junior Member
    from indiana

Noat a word, I have called and they lady said she will have somebody call me...No word yet... Have you plowed at all this year? My roomate is in Livonia MI and she said they get measurable snow about everyother day. She is looking for some contractors. Most of them what you there all the time, that seems to be the battle.

19. Mid-Ohio Scaper

That's just it, they want all or nothing. I've dropped my plow once this season with really no measurable snow in sight for the future. With people to the north and north east getting record snowfall I just don't understand how they don't need any help.

20. skidoo08

skidoo08 Junior Member
    from indiana

I agree....I would go for weeks at a time if it pays... They forcast snow here and we get rain, were just on the edge temp wise. If I come across something I will let you know, I am not affraid to travel...