1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to get a plow for personal use and I have some questions.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by That, Nov 28, 2014.

1. That

That Junior Member

I have a 2000 silverado 1500 and I found a meyers 7.5 plow that came of a ford. I found some brackets from a 2008 1500 would these fit or could I have someone fabricate me some mounts? It is a newer style ( the dealership ran the vin ) also it is a 5.3L 4x4 if it matters.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try Meyers website.
    Gm did some frame changing from 2000__2008
    And you never specified what model it is
  3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

I would look for another plow that cam off a 2000 to 06 gm 1500.
  4. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Why would he need to find a different plow?

Your dealer should have sold you the brackets you need. If they needed to run your VIN to find out that you needed different brackets then that is pretty sad.
  5. ihscoutlover

ihscoutlover Junior Member

Gm was still making K series bodies in 2000, and they also had the newer style bodies in 2000. Just like 88-91, gm had the box body and K series bodies running at the same time. I agree running the VIN is silly, but in this case apparently the OP doesn't know which he has. My suggestion, search for your year truck brackets. Can't go wrong, and you'll be set for what you need.