1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to get a hiniker put on

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by krikert, Feb 11, 2004.

1. krikert

krikert Junior Member

Was wondering what everybody thought about hinikers. Good? Bad? lots of problems? 99 f250 xlt long bed

2. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

I don't know a lot, but I know 2 guys that run them.

the first has the c blade that folds over, he told me that he would not buy another. It takes too long for the blade to fold over.

the second is in the process of switching all his trucks to boss. He showed me his boss blades and I instantly was impressed. That will be my next blade. The hydros are very fast.

3. raylesk

raylesk Junior Member

I have a 7.5 straight blade and really like it. It seems to be well built and the company is very responsive when I ask questions. Mine is on a full size Bronco and it's a breeze to take on and off.

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Ive nerver used one but have talked to a few people that have.From what i gather the new models are built much stronger and they are very happy with them.they wouldnt want anything else.Dont know if you are looking at thew c-plow or not but i personally think its a great concept.I hope to see one in person someday.

5. ScottyB.

ScottyB. Member

I have a 8'2" straight blade on my F250 and it's been good to me. I bought it 2 years old and it was spotless. This is my 3rd year with it and it looks and runs well. No problems and it's easy to put on and off.
    With that being said...I should say that I only do my driveway and a few neighbors. So I'm in the medium duty catagory.
    If I were to do more plowing I would look at Hiniker side by side with Boss or Western just to compare construction and weight.
    Unlike 98% of members...I don't know anything about Boss or Western.
    My dealer says that Hiniker is the better plow and I don't have any reason to disagree.
    Also...I installed mine myself in about 6 hours with no previous plow experience.

We are actually getting more snow this year than in the past 3. So the Hiniker is actually getting a workout.

Good Luck.
    ScottyB.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i saw the video i like to see it in person back dragging like it says

7. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Put a Hiniker on our truck. This is the trucks first year and so far the plow works great. There is a lag on the controler but it doesnt bother me. If your going to do alot of plowing then go with Boss or Western if not Hiniker is the way to go.

truck front.jpg

8. TwoPuttTommy

TwoPuttTommy Junior Member

Unhappy Hiniker "C" Plow Owner

:mad:

I bought a brand spankin' new 2003 Ford F-250 Superduty, extended cab, diesel last fall. Hung a brand spankin' new Hiniker "C" plow on it, based on the recommendations of two friends with Hiniker straight and V- plows.

I dropped it off today, at the dealer for the FIFTH time. It keeps burning out solenoids controlling blade movement.

And so far, Hinniker seems to think I'm the guinea pig to isolate the problem, rather than replacing this lemon with a new one, and taking the lemon back to the factory and figuring out what's REALLY wrong with it.

The impression I'm getting is Hiniker really doesn't give a flying ---- about me.

Needless to say, my two buddies are a might concerned about how Hiniker might treat them, if they have problems with Hiniker products STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

Stay tuned; I'll be posting updates, or starting new threads, as to how Hiniker treats a small plowing company.....

9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I know a couple guys who run them and they've never had any problems with them.:waving: