1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking To Buy Plow Setup For 01 S-10

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by White Gardens, Nov 16, 2010.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Just as the title says.

I've got a couple of small lots to do that my big truck is a little tight for.

Though it won't get used that much, I'd still like to find a small, preferably a poly plow setup for an S-10.

Thanks.

2. White Gardens

Bump.........

3. White Gardens

Bump.............

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have a western poly 7.4 or 7' standard unimount for 2200.00. Detroit area.

5. belton

belton Junior Member
    from midwest

snow-way .......

6. White Gardens

Thanks Western1, I'll keep that in mind for the time being.I think I would like to go with a 6' 6" blade if I can. I considered a 7' + but considering the S-10 has 202,000 miles, I want to save as much weight as possible.

It's going to be used on 4 driveways and that's about it, so I don't feel like I'm sacrificing the width.

The goal is to get a better 1/2, 3/4 ton truck next year too.

7. White Gardens

Are you saying look into them?

8. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

The weight difference is about 20lbs. If you get a full size truck you could use the same plow and add wings. Good luck either way.

9. White Gardens

Hmmmm. Very Good point.