1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy Mini-lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fishinRI13, Sep 20, 2011.

1. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

I have right now the atomic LED's but I need something to make sure I am seen from the back so I am looking into a mini lightbar. I was looking at this one,
    didnt know if anyone else has used it or if there is something else that is close to it in price range. Thanks for the help in advance!
  2. Young Robert

Young Robert Junior Member
    from MASS

Go with the Whelen Responder LP2 Series if you are not sure. They have (i think) two models of the responder mini lightbar series. Just picked up a few of these beauties. Not cheap, but what a light show for when you need it.

3. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I have the Able 2...Great company to deal with and its been very bright..in initial testing.(My driveway-no snow to plow, yet)
  4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I used to have the sho-me light. It's a nice light, but it's about invisible during the day. I now have a Whelen mini liberty and absolutely love it. Definitely do a ton of research on all of the LED options. Check youtube, awdirect, any place you can watch the videos and read more reviews. Like I said, overall, I was pleased with the sho-me, just not quite bright enough for my taste.
  5. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

Best lightbar out.....Soundoff mini pinnacle....Its bright as hell and for very good price $280 cant beat it
  6. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

So is the whelen mini liberty brighter during the day? Or even the pinacle one mentioned? I do also want one thats pretty bright during the day, I plow gas stations so I need something that people cannot miss.
  7. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

8. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Ive got this little lightbar. Like they said, its not the brightest during the day. Worked great for me last season tho.
  9. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I don't have one...yet, but I've heard its one of the best lightbars for the price.
  10. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

great Light

I have had a Soundoff Pinnacle amber LED light going on 2 years and after alot of researching and reading finally bought it. Never looked back. Super bright ( even in daylite) and toally weatherproof. 4 90 # magnets hold it on my roof like its bolted there. I wish I had a buck for everyone that has asked me " who makes that lightbar? "
  11. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

Ok so it looks like I have limited it down to the Whelen Responder LP and the Sound off Pinnacle lightbar. Has anyone had both that prefers one over the other? I have been doing my homewrk on them and they are very similar. Just some thoughts. Also, any of you guys know if any of the places that sell them have sales at all? Looking for some sort of a deal...just a thought. Thanks again guys i really appreciate the help!
  12. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Never really looked at the Sound off Pinnacle but I like it. How does it look from the sides?
  13. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

After buying the Soundoff i wouldnt even look at any other brands. In my own opinion its the perfect lightbar. Super strong magnets, bright 360 degrees around and tons of flash patterns, and cheap
  14. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Thanks for the review.:drinkup: Where did you get yours at?
  15. fishinRI13

fishinRI13 Senior Member
    from RI

How is it during the day? Still equally as bright? And strobes n more has them for $225, i think i will be purchasing this, just need to make sure its bright during the day.
  16. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

I was consdering a full lightbar but I like the pinnacle after looking into it...does anyone have this light perm mounted and how did you run the wire??
  17. Grumpydave

Grumpydave Member

Whelen Responder LED is excellent night or day, even in bright sunlight. Alot has to do with which sequence you choose. Some are better than others. Local city has started outfitting their small trucks with them after seeing mine.
  18. APLC

APLC Senior Member

so wich did you go with i am also deciding between the MINI PIN or WHELEN RE?:help:
  19. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

I have the led clearance lights on my pick up too and need something else also. Do you think the lighbar will look stupid with the clearance lights up there? Not from the back but from the front. It would probably be blinding from the front. I was thinking about the same thing but I want it to look right too.
  20. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

That would be a mini. Also you are bias towards sound off.