1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to buy f350

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Burkartsplow, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looking to pick this f350 up. Going to look at it on monday. They listed it by accident for $14900, and i called about it, but then listed it at the present price of $17900. THey said for me that they would uphold the first internet price of $14900. Take a look at the add and tell me what you guys think. I would put my truckcraft aluminum dump insert in the back with t 130 deicer, and either going to put a 9.5 fisher SS V upfront or a 9.5 western MVP. I am going to add 5000lbs leveling airbags in the back. I think it would work out well. Never owned a ford so looking for advice and some things to look for when I go and see. And what do you think of the price.Thanks
    :help:
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ceDESC&max_price=21000&seller_type=b&make=GMC

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Offer 11 for it

3. Burkartsplow

I can walk in there with 11 cash on monday. do you think they would take it? What engine do you have in your two SD grandview?

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

5.4 in it. money in the hand helps alot.

5. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

before you buy that with 5.4L make sure that axle have 4.10 not 3.73 gear ratio

3.73 would make you think it Horrible no power but 4.10 would help much but 4.30 is far best but it rare to find 5.4L with 4.30

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That truck for 13- 14 is a good deal imo. Doesn't look very hard worked. 11k is a little insulting and I don't mind insulting dealerships but if you go in to low they sometimes won't sell it to you in spite.

7. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Been GM all my life, got the Ford last November. I am pleased with it. Gasser. From what I understand, the exhaust manifold bolts may rot, and keep an eye on the ball joints. Don't know if '05 and up have these problems. I have Timbrens all the way around and they do a very good job. If you put bags on the rear, I believe it will help a lot. Can't wait to see pics of the 120 & 130.

8. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Just FYI to the original poster. I found this claim in the warranty system. Looks like it has been in a couple of times for Trans leaks and Coolant System Leaks. From the sounds of the description it appears that this truck has had a plow on it before. Still not a bad truck, but worth less than the $14900 and definitely not $17900.

1FTWF31565EA17691 T/F7 F T/BB T/CD T/E A1 T/TQ T/WX 28-JUL-2004 13-APR-2005
    Cust Comments: TRANSMISSION LEAKING OIL
    Tech Comments: VERIFIED OIL LEAK, HOLE IN TRANS CASE IN AREA OF REVERSE PLANETARY SNAPRING. LOWERED PAN FULL OF METAL. ORDERED REPLACEMENT TRANS ASSY. NECESSARY TO M TIME FOR REMOVAL OF RUSTED EXHAUST MANIFOLD BOLTS TWO OF WHICH BROKE AND HAD TO BE DRILLED & TAPPPED. M TIME NEEDED TO REMOVE BUMPER AND SNOWPLOW FRAME ASSY TO ACCESS & REPLACE TRANS COOLER ASSY. INSTALL EXTERNAL FLUID FILTERREPLACE TRANSMISSION

Oh and it looks like this trans replacement occured at 36,000 miles, so not very many miles on new trans.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  9. Burkartsplow

Thank you so much for the info on the truck. I asked the guy if the truck had a plow on it and he could not verify for me. That makes a huge difference in if I want a truck. I usually only buy used trucks that have not plowed yet. looks like I may pass on this unless once I talk to them they give me a good deal and since the tranny was replaced not long ago that is nice to know. Thanks for looking out for me. I really appreciate it. I :salute: you>>>

10. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Whats wrong with your chevy?

11. Burkartsplow

Nothing is wrong with the chevy, I am expanding and I need a backup truck for the chevy, So I have been on the hunt for awhile for another truck.

12. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

No problem! Us plow guys have to stick together! :drinkup:

13. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

Hmmm...the way that warranty claim reads, it appears that the transmission failed due to driver abuse rather than factory defect...the truck may have been worked quite hard for the few miles it has.