1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a Truck ASAP!

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Clapper&Company, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I'm looking for a truck to replace a truck we lost this pass week!

- I have cash and am ready to deal !!!

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

what type of truck and about how much do you want to spend

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Slow down, deep breath, tell us your needs. I can see you driving a Ford for some reason.(smiley face)

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Free bump.

Buy new, you had a good money making weekend so go to the dealer and hand him that cash you made.

5. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Senior Member

I agree. We needed to replace a worn out 1998 GMC 1500. We looked at 2003-2005 Chevy/GMC 1500's that were in the $15-19K range. We bought a brand new 2008 Chevy 1500 with auto, V8, extended cab, 4WD for $21.5k at 0% financing. The dealers have lots of inventory they NEED to move.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your buying new wait 2 weeks till the end of the month the dealer will do a lot more then in the middle of the month.

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

How the hell did you lose your truck, I know you like to party a lot. But seriously, I can understand when people lose there keys, a phone number or there wallet, But how do you lose a whole truck..[​IMG]

8. salopez

salopez Senior Member

well the end of this month is the end of the 1/4...find your second largest dealer of the brand you want and go to town! they will be willin to loos market share to get a sale.

if thats not want you want, I have a nice 99 350 flatbed diesel that I am not using enough.

9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

hey ive got a 99' F350 5.4L reg cab 8'bed. 79K on it. with an 8 foot diamond plow. looking to get like 8k for it. its in CT. not sure if you need one bad enouph to come here for it. kinda far.

10. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Sorry guys, !!!

What im looking for is a truck to replace, the truck we lost a tranny this past snow :(

I need a plow truck, must be 3/4 ton or bigger, / Auto and must have power steering and inside hood release! :D

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  11. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Ive got a 2004 F-350

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Going to be tough finding a truck with power steering!

13. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

Inside hood release is a bad sign CLAP. LOL. I just saw one on here for 5 Gs It is a real truck thou "FORD". It is right up your alley too flatbed dually. Ford F450 Superduty $5000 is the name of the thread

14. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

If your looking to buy new, buy my 07 dumptruck. Its damn near brand new, still smells new.

15. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

LOL Josh,

I saw that one too! Looks like a good deal, but its only 2wd

16. salopez

salopez Senior Member

i am tellin ya my 350 is 4wd extendad cab al. flatbed, oh and added leafs upfront sits higher then a 550.

we havent gotton snow much this year...so i am downsizing.

17. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

got info and pic?

18. GreenKingL&L

GreenKingL&L Member

hey clapper, gonna send some pics to your email you should get them in a little bit

19. salopez

salopez Senior Member

here are a couple of shots I had on the hard drive.

99-1.JPG

99-2.JPG

99-3.JPG

99-4.JPG

20. AAJay

AAJay Junior Member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011