1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking to buy a ride in snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AA+ Landscaping, Feb 11, 2009.

1. AA+ Landscaping

AA+ Landscaping Senior Member

All can find is one from holder. I got a big complexe!! I need a close in cab with heat.Now I have 6 guys with snowblowers for a good 8 hours. On a 2-4 in snow storm. I would like something new.

2. Bmsnow

Bmsnow Member

try these

the new holland is what some guys around here are using for bigger stuff it suposed to 1lb. per squar foot heaveir.

http://www.newholland.com/h4/products/products_series_detail.asp?

Reg=NA&RL=ENNA&NavID=000001277003&series=4882711
    Or the trackless mt

http://www.tracklessvehicles.com/

or i just found this one and it blows all these out of the water w/ 130 horses ohmy what i heard these "could "cost 150 thou im not sure i havent talked to anyone about it

http://www.grouperpmtech.com/Cameleon_utility_vehicle_home.html

3. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

Buy a Skid with a blower attachment.

The trackless are great machines but expensive and it will be easier to find work for the Skid the Summer months

4. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Look at a Stiner. A town near me has a couple for thier sidewalks. I watched it while waitting for a light, went a lot faster than pushing a blower.

5. amars415

amars415 Member

I have a walker mower with a blower attachment on it, does a great job and is fast, but a little bit on the wimpy side for commercial, I beefed mine up quite a bit. Cab isn't that great on it. I also have a Steiner, awesome machine, lots of power, down pressure, maneuverable, and comfortable. I did demo a new toro groundsmaster with the snow kit and tracks on it the other day. That was very impressive as well. I don't know what you do during the summer time but all three of those machines work well all year round. I think the steiner is the most versatile of all of them. Hope that helps.

6. speedy

speedy Senior Member

Toolcat?

[​IMG]

7. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

John Deere 2305 with curtis cab, and front mount blower, would be a cost effective piece of equipment for doing sidewalks.JMO:drinkup:

Sorry couldn't find a pic with the blower, and this pic is a sims cab.

jd22102305web.jpg

8. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

How about a little more info on what you are trying to do?

Narrow sidewalks? Wide open areas? Driveways?

Might weed out some of the options this way.

9. AA+ Landscaping

I got this condominium with about 50 driveways. Some are big some are small. Walkways all over the place! The place is very high end! NO plows on any driveways. NO plies of snow in yards.I would like to put one guy in a ride snowblower for the whole storm. Also 1-2 with small blowers. They must see something going from when the storm starts to when it ends. The 45in. snowblower I have can do most of it. So it would should be a midsize.LIke the small holder.

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Bobcat has a couple smaller skid steers too, might be able to do the walks and drives. Not sure how tight of an area you're trying get into, but these would work, or the Toolcat. Or the Holder.

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

There are lots of nice tools you can use, and I think most have been mentioned allready above. I'm curious why your getting this place mid winter, and if your sure your going to get it again next winter. The options mentioned above range from $10k-40k FYI.

Something like an S100 or a toolcat would be high on my list. With both a blower and a broom. Blow the driveways, and broom the walks.

12. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Bobcat 463 with SB150 blower

3000 lbs
    22.5hp kubota
    $30,000
    carry on board SRW pick-up
    since '94 with a bucket
    since '03 with a blower
    current team has been at it for 5 seasons

Bobcat can take the place of 5 operators in the right place
    it works
    in the right operators hands

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  13. AA+ Landscaping

things are good this year they resign for two more years!! Also got 2 more from them.For next year.

14. pconley

pconley Junior Member
    from Maine

Go to Grasshopper.com and take a look. They offer cabs & heaters with liquid cooled models, 48" & 60" single stage snow throwers.

15. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thats awesome! Hope you make some good bank on it!

16. leon

leon Senior Member

Greetings,

You should look seriously at the "Kubota Power Krawler" with the narrow cab; model M8540, it is an orchard model with rubber tracks low, ground pressure, factory cab, air, heat, filtration, full line of useable implements; a flail mower will work effortlessly with this size tractor and leave no clippings to pick up.

The Pronovost PXPL-50-75 snow blower would be money welll spent as it has a dragging rubber blade to scrape the areas down to pavement/bare walks and can remove any and all snow with ease-it will allow you to drag all the snow to one location and then blow it away and out of the way and your clients will be very happy as they will have no mess to look at and with a quick hitch system you can attach a small sander to the front with a quick hitch adapter plate with a buckeye tractor front pto adapter system which would allow you to mount the flail mower up front too.

www.Kubota.com M series tractors

Power Krawler narrow tractors M8540 model

one tractor, many uses, very low ground pressure due to large track surface area, no ruts
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.Pronovost.net

They have a great video describing the PXPL blowers and it shows their complete versatility.

It is a blower that is built for heavy winter use in canadian winters; they also have a big dealer network here in the states as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.buckeyetractor.com

lots of attachments and options for specialty tractors
    Ohio firm

leon

17. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

Here's my snowblower, we clear a total of about 4 km worth of sidewalks.

Bobcat 463 002.jpg

Bobcat 463 002.jpg

18. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

loong time no hear

how is the little baby bobby!!

19. Krimick77

Krimick77 Member

It's been pretty good. If it's less than 3" we usually still use the toro blowers and shovels but I've been amazed at how well it handles the deep snow. It'll go through 12" of snow as quick as a toro through 2". It's greatly reduced my labour time during major snow events.

20. sp6x6

sp6x6 Member

I do 5' sidewalks, comm., with a s815 bobcat 6' blower, plus bike paths6-8', hard deep drives, removal with snow bucket, dirt work, brush work, construction work, hoe work, get the idea.