1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John M, Feb 22, 2004.

1. John M

John M Junior Member

I am been reading these posts for quite some time know but am finally a member. I live in western Ma and was wondering where the cheapest place is to buy a new Fisher plow would be. I have a local dealer here but he is just way too expensive. I dont mind traveling to get it. I have a 2001 GMC 2500 HD ext cab. Any suggestions as to what I should get for a plow also. Thanks, John
  2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

what's way to expensive?
  3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Sometimes, way to expensive up front is not bad if you can get immediate service down the road. It's something that you have to think about. I would buy where I can get good service when something goes wrong. Believe me, it only breaks when you are in the middle of an event, and don't have time to drive 100 miles to get a part, or even 50 miles. If your service place is far away, the only way to solve that problem, is to have 2 of everything always. There are certain things that you should have 2 of, but trust me, when something breaks, it won't be something that you have 2 of.
  4. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Central Parts Warehouse sells Fisher and other brands.
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Welcome to plowsite john m!
    Most dealers are the same with their prices in my experiences with them. If its $3500 in pittsfield its going to be the same price in worcester. New plows are not cheap however you slice it. The only way to get a plow cheaper is to buy it used from someone.:(