1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking to buy a new truck, priced right?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vegaman04, Aug 6, 2010.

1. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Looking at a 07 crew shortbed LBZ Duramax. LT3 trim with 67k miles, dealer is asking 31k. This sounds too high to me, what are you thoughts and what offer should i put in?

2. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

classic or new body style?

3. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

blue book says $32,900 for classic body style or $35,400 for new body style. seems like they are in line on the price. diesels are expensive, especially the new ones. i'm sure the truck was around $50-55k new, so it's not too bad of a price. try and buy it for $29k, see where they go from there.

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

5. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

I second that, I was just at a truck equipment open house and saw a brand new Ford F-350 Diesel for $61,755:eek::eek::eek: I paid $7500 for my truck and plow, I could buy a fleet of 8 for the price of that Ford!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  6. scottyknows50

scottyknows50 Member

ask to see the shop bill. i'm not sure if it's certified or not but at least see what they put into it. that should give you a good idea what they have in it. little shop bill should mean more room for you to negotiate. bigger shop bill means less room because they will have more $$ sunk into it.

7. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Looking at a classic. LBZ = Classic, which is pre-emissions stuff.

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

it will only be pre emission if manufactured before 12/06. Price seems in the ballpark,but you may find a truck with less miles

9. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

All LBZ's are pre emissions. Anything with emmisions controls had the LMM engine in it. I know because I was the sucker that bought an LMM. I hacked off the emissions and its all better now.